Aren't my Valentines cute!
Macy picked out the fabric for the girl's dresses and I used this pattern for the older two and this one for Laila. I added a couple inches of length to the dresses so they would be knee length, but Samm's still ended up being too short so I had to throw a border around the bottom on Saturday night. I don't love it as much as I do Macy's, but it still turned out cute.
And last night our kitchen turned into a Valentines Day bake shop. So I may have gotten a little carried away, but heart shaped food is just too cute. We made cookies and homemade sprinkles for teachers and some friends, Samm actually made heart chocolates for her teacher and we have some to take to neighbors, and then once the kids were in bed I made them heart shaped monkey bars. I was a little disappointed when I came down stairs and they didn't seem very excited about their special treat, but then I found out that they thought they were blueberry muffins. Once I explained what they really were, I got the reaction I was hoping for.
I hope you all have a wonderful day with the ones you love! Josh is on call tonight which is a bummer, but that's life around here.









4 comments:
I love the dresses. I actually like the little border on Samm's too. It makes it look kind of hippy-ish. Sorry to hear Josh can't celebrate the holiday with you guys. :(
I really like the border on Samm's dress. I think it looks a little 70's ish in a very cute way. Plus she's Samm so it looks cute on her no matter what!
my favorite part of this post is Macy's lipstick :)
I also really like the border and yes, your Valentines are so cute!
Post a Comment