Sunday, February 5, 2012

Best Sunday activity ever!


Dad has had a couple of REALLY long days here lately! We were hoping to get to spend some time with him on Saturday, but he ended up working all the way through Friday night and desperately needed some sleep so the kids and I packed up and left the house so it would be nice and quiet for him. Part of our stay away from the house journey took us to the craft store where we gathered supplies to make valentines. Samm was soooo excited she could hardly contain herself, so as soon as we got home from church today she and Macy got right to work. There was glue and glitter everywhere, but I honestly didn't care. There was just something about watching Macy's chubby little fingers cut out those hearts and seeing Samm put so much thought into each one that completely made my day.


When it was all over, I had two very proud girls!


And James has decided that he has absolutely no desire to cut out hearts and has asked that I just by him a box of pre-made valentines.

5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

They did a great job! Every year I mean to do something creative but procrastinate and end up with the store bought cards. I am impressed with how far in advance you got these done.

Kory Jane said...

Of course you would do something crafty with the kids. I just bought the pre-made cards in advance which tells you something about my ambition. They turned out so cute, and of course your girls are adorable on top of that.

Natalie said...

I'm so impressed! Their valentines turned out great.

I think I was complaining to Keith that Ezra and I never get to see him. When I read your blog about the long hours Josh works, I start to feel less sorry for myself. And you do it all with 4 kids. You're amazing!

Jenn said...

I love them! And I think it's so funny that James wanted pre-made cards. We are going to make valentines this week too!

Anonymous said...

They did such a great job. Wow they are getting so big. I see that they have inherited your crafty gene.