Josh was on call Friday, is on call tonight, and will be on call again on Tuesday. We were lucky enough today that he was able to come home for a few hours and even have dinner with us before the dreaded beeping started, but it is still hard every time he has to go in.
This evening as he was kissing us all goodbye, James said "I wish you weren't a doctor dad, I wish you were a stay at home person."
Talk about pulling at your parent heart strings!
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I wish Burgess were a stay at home person too. The cousins here in Utah LOVE having Uncle Burgess around but Freddy is having a little trouble sharing his dad. They don't get to play very often. So sad, but thank goodness these children have such hard working dads.
I hope you guys survive. Is mom gone? Maybe someday the doctor madness will slow down.....maybe.
The dad at our house is not a doctor and he is never home either, if it makes you feel better. He is in Ohio this week and the more he moves through the ranks and I think life is going to get easier, the more he has to work. The kids get more attached to me all the time because I am the one who is here and it makes me sad because they don't realize how much Seth sacrifices for us and how everything we have is because he is out busting his butt for it. But they will see it one day and hopefully after residency Josh will have WAY more vacation days or at least a full hour off here and there. In the meantime I am sending you prayers because I am sure going it alone right now with a new baby isn't easy.
I know exactly how you feel. We need to stick together! Mark has been working over 100 hours a week lately and we haven't had him around at all. I'm sure it is even more difficult having a newborn at home. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I want to help. I'll call you.
Post a Comment