Josh and I have really started feeling like we need to teach our kids a little bit more about working hard. We make them do little chores during the week and they have a slightly longer list on Saturday mornings, but I think as far as slave driving goes, they have it pretty easy.
So, even though I didn't remember signing up to clean the church this Saturday I was glad when they reminded me. And honestly the kids were too. They love cleaning the church and as soon as we walk in they run and get the big rolling trash can so they can walk and around empty all the smaller trash cans. Once that's over they usually keep busy by cleaning chalk boards and dusting.
I walked around the corner to find Macy hard at work and being careful to not get any dust in her eyes!

After the kids and I were finished at the church we got a surprise phone call from Dad saying he was home from the hospital so we loaded up together and went to the Science Center.
After the Science Center, there was still more work to be done at home. The girls helped me inside, while James got his first lesson in mowing the lawn. Part of me felt sorry for him, but it was nice to see him working so hard. And the mower is self propelled so all he had to do was push down on the bar.
I think James was pretty proud of himself once he finished, but the poor kid doesn't realize how many more lawns are in his future!


6 comments:
I loved it when Logan started mowing our lawn in Coweta. Now we don't have to take care of the lawn, but when we do Logan and Gabe will once again pick it up.
Now I feel like a loser. My kids do not have chores. I have tried a few times but it is so much easier to do it myself. I also have issues because I had to clean the whole house everyday when I was a kid so I have gone way too far the other way. Look at James go with the lawnmower! I don't even know how to use the lawnmower. I need to teach my lazy kids the value of hard work!
Cute, James looks so tall mowing the lawn! I remember being so excited when my Dad thought I was old enough to learn how to mow the lawn and after a couple times wishing I wasn't. LOL The girls have a couple small chores they each do, but it is probably time to give them more!
I can't believe James is mowing the lawn!!! Are you sure he is big enough? I don't remember him being that tall. I love Macy's cleaning apparel - so stylish. We got Samm's letter today and it was so cute. It will go on my work locker. We too are relly, relly exsided to come!! Love you all
So, I've had to go back and get caught up now that I'm back. Loved James' quote about singing not his sport! Very funny! Also, love the beach pictures and so glad tht Josh got to be with you. You look great pregnant, you are your mother's daughter, you will be thin again. Very impressed with the watermelon basket! Man of many talents. Also, good job on the chores! You won't regret that decision. Can't wait to see you guys. Got my plane ticket. I arrive August 25th. Loves
Hey, that reminds me of all the different "chore charts" that mom used to make every few months.
Post a Comment