Friday, June 17, 2011

Going out with a bang

Today is finally the last day of school! The kids are excited about getting to play every day and I'm excited about not getting up and making lunches. And not having to worry about getting unpleasant emails from a certain child's teacher.


It has been a little bit of a bumpy road for James this year. Overall he did great academically, but there were a few things from this year that I will be happy to leave behind and hopefully he can start fresh in 1st grade. So, it's only fitting for him to end the year with a black eye.


Don't worry, he didn't get in a fight. It was just a fall, and in his words, "My entire face hit the wood chips!"

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Okay, everyone has been blogging about their kids perfect years and perfect behavior so I am glad to know that my kids are not the only ones who occasionally get unpleasant e-mails home. Happy Summer!

Kory Jane said...

He must have something for face down nose dives. I still giggle when I think about him at the golf course diving head first in the mud.