Anyway, Grandma Betty called right as the tooth was being pulled and requested a picture. And since today is Sunday and it is the only day of the week when my children have clean faces and combed hair for more than five minutes I snapped a quick picture of all my cuties.
I could hardly get a picture of this goof ball because she wouldn't hold still long enough.
My pretty Samm always ready to pose for a picture. You should know that I only curl her hair maybe once or twice a year. Today just happened to be that one time.
And a funny little story about Samm. This morning she walked up to Josh and I and out of the blue said "You know, the Easter Bunny coming and bringing us candy is an economic want." Josh was laughing so hard and finally asked her where in the world she learned that. "In Social studies" she said, in a very where else would I have learned that tone of voice.
That girl is always keeping us on our toes. Like when she asked today why the tooth fairy only brings our family a dollar, but she gives her friend down the street four dollars. I was stumped on how to answer that one. Fortunately Josh was quick and told her that the tooth fairy gives kids money based on how much they need and since our kids have plenty of money in their piggy banks they don't need as much. It's a good thing Josh was standing there because I probably would have broken down and confessed to being the tooth fairy and apologized for being so cheap.
PS. She likes a boy at church. "likes him, likes him" were her exact words. This is very new territory for us. I had no idea what to say so I just said "Oh, OK."


7 comments:
ok, so I am trying to type and giggle at the same time. She is so so cute. It looks like the time has come for the crushes. Hand holding and kisses on the cheek. I am so not ready for that. You give a whole dollar for a tooth...man our Tooth Fairy is super cheap. Sometimes it is just quarter. I guess we better step it up a notch. Love you guys.
I hate when they lose the first tooth, because they never look like babies again but boy is it a big day for a kid. You can just see the toothless pride on his face.
And I've said it before but so many of Samm's lines remind me so much of Alyssa. I wish Alyssa was the little showman that Samm is though. Samm seems so confident and not even a little bit shy.
I remember asking my Mom why our tooth fairy only gave a quater and her reply was that our tooth fairy was poor :-) James is such a tough kid. I love that he was so excited about it. I love Samm's hair curled. She looks so beautiful. Better watch out for those boys :-)
James told me he was going to keep the tooth so he could show it to me when we come out for the birth of the new little one. I'm kinda glad that he lost it! I threw Stacey's tooth away in the Provo Mall. She was eating popcorn and pulled it out of her mouth and ask me what it was. I told her a popcorn kernel and threw it on the floor in the mall. When we got to the car, we realized it was her tooth!!
Oh, so fun to be growing up! What cute kids! Samm is a kick. What a mind!
Cute kiddos. Avenley has lost all kinds of teeth lately. Her top front tooth is loose and I keep telling her to leave it alone until after we get our pictures done LOL. Samm is so cute, she seems like a lot of fun!
Oh my- I can't believe they're losing teeth & liking,liking boys. I'm not envious, in the least. You're handling it well!
Post a Comment