So, I decided to show her a thing or two of my own and laid down for my own nap. That's right, two can play at this game!
Only her nap didn't last long thanks to the gallon of juice she drank right before laying down. So I sat her hysterical little bum on the potty and then brought her in bed with me. We snuggled until she fell back asleep and then my arm started to tingle. I tried several times to move her, but each time she would roll back over and grab onto me so I laid there with a numb arm and soaked in every ounce of her sweaty three year old self.
Then it hit me.
In 5 shorts months she won't be my baby anymore.
And that's almost more punishment than my heart can handle.


4 comments:
I love naps with the kids, numb arm and all. It is so hard whenever one of them graduates from being the baby, but also awesome to know that you get one more baby to nap with. When do you find out what you're having?
Oh Sally, my heart still gets punished when I think back to some of the memories with my kids. I think that must be a punishment/reward of motherhood.
So sweet. I'm sorry Macy won't be your baby anymore, but we're excited for the new little one to come! That reminds me, are you guys going to find out what you're having???
I have an ultrasound on Thursday and we are going to find out this time. I won't be able to post it here though because my Dad won't want to know, but I will probably post the news over on my other blog.
Post a Comment