Monday, October 25, 2010

Put a little BOO in your ZOO

I am totally bummed that Halloween in on a Sunday this year. Normally I wouldn't care. They usually get a ridiculous amount of candy at the church's trunk or treat and don't really need to go trick or treating, but I spent so much time on costumes this year that I really wanted them to be worn more than once. Fortunately, one of the nurses that Josh works with volunteers at the zoo and told him about a fun event that they do every year called Zoo Boo. The kids can go in their costumes and workers hand out candy. They also have a little show they put on and and a tent with some games. So we went. I'm not really sure it was completely worth the money, but the kids had a blast so I guess it was.

Macy was Tinkerbell this year because we already had the costume in our enormous dress up box, James is some sort of cross between a knight and a Viking (the pattern says young adventurer, but he just calls himself a bad guy), and Samm is a mermaid but the costume ended up being way too big. Unfortunately, since I waited until the last minute to make it there wasn't really anything I could do, so she had to walk around holding up the skirt the whole time.

Walking through the hay maze.



We also splurged and took the kids to see their special 3D/4D movie. I wasn't quite sure what the 4D was all about until we got sprayed in the face with water a couple time. Still a good time though. Watching Samm try and swat at stuff was the best part.

We really had a hard time getting the glasses to stay on Macy's face.

I think this is our best picture yet!

5 comments:

Kory Jane said...

I know you snuck them in your purse to wear around town. I love that picture. Cute costumes too. Our town does trick or treating on Friday night this year. Which I am very excited about.

Seth and Julie said...

Our town does trick or treat on Sunday every year, no matter what day the 31st is. So lame! I agree that they need to wear the costumes for longer than just trunk or treat.

Your costumes came out great. I wish I could sew. I bet no one else had anything even similar to what James is wearing. So cool!

Also, those are the biggest 3D glasses I have ever seen. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Cool costumes!! I really miss pulling the red wagon around our neighborhood on Halloween. This year Macy and Hailey could of rode in it. Our neighbor is great on decorating. I love the pic of you and Josh with the glasses. You both look very intelligent.

Jenn said...

Great job on the costumes! I love Samm's costumes every year!

Natalie said...

Their costumes are great. If you wouldn't have said anything about Samm's being too big I wouldn't have known any different, I think it looks fantastic. Your kids are so lucky that you're crafty. Not likely, but I need to get on the sewing bus before next Halloween so my kids can have cool costumes too!