Thursday, October 14, 2010

More partying

I think I've said this before, but Samm's birthday is the beginning of my crazy season. We go birthday, holiday, birthday, holiday, holiday, birthday and then in January I get to take a breath. This year the older kids have been begging me to let them have a friend party, which makes things doubly stressful for me, but we pulled it off.

We did a late night girls only (no Dad or James) pajama party that quickly turned into a dress up party. Samm even got her wish for balloons.

I found these darling cupcakes in a book called Hello Cupcakes, but I didn't buy the book because I thought it was severely overpriced. I took a few pictures from the book with Josh's phone so I could make them from memory, but I couldn't figure out what one of the ingredients was used for so I called my Mom and she ended up finding the recipe for me online. You can check it out here. They really did take quite a while to make, but were a huge hit with the girls. Samm's reaction alone when she saw them was worth all the time and effort.

For a fun activity I sent the girls on a treasure hunt and they found these cute fairy masks and some paint.




Samm was ridiculously spoiled this year with gifts. I'm feeling a little guilty now, because it was pretty obvious that most of the parents spend more on friend presents than I do.

This was Samm giving her appreciation speech. I'm not joking at all. When she finished opening all her gifts she said "OK guys, now I have a speech for you." It was great! And so Samm!

Macy really liked the makeup case that Samm got and decided to give herself a lip gloss makeover. She had pink creases around her eyes for three days.

The girls ended the night with popcorn and a movie and I sighed a sigh of relief. One down...


4 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Now that was a cute birthday party. What fun she had and I am sure she will remember it always. Those cupcakes look so professional. I loved them. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Seth and Julie said...

Wow, those cupcakes are amazing! I thought that picture was the one from the book, and kept waiting to see how yours came out. So perfect! We have 4/5 of our b-days, anniversary, and holidays in November and December so I relate to your crazy time of year. I love that Samm gave a speech. She sounds like such a fun kid to be around, and I bet she will never forget all that you put into making her big day special.

The Thompson Family said...

Those cupcakes are amazing. You are super Mom Sally. It looks like Samm had a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Sally!!! The cupcakes are unbelievable. I am glad that the kids are settling in. You did a great job on the party. Looks like Macy will maybe grown up to be a make-up artist.