Thursday, October 21, 2010

Double treasures

This afternoon while I was taking Macy to the bathroom for the ten millionth time in one hour (she snuck almost a whole 20 oz of Sierra Mist) our door bell rang. I was a little worried at first to see who it was, because if it was someone I knew than I might have to invite them in and well, remember the picture from yesterday? That has pretty much spread like wildfire throughout the entire house. Fortunately it was just the mail man. Delivering not one, but TWO packages for us! And, as if two mystery boxes wasn't exciting enough, one was from my Mom and one from Josh's Mom. A package from both Grandmas in one day is pretty much comparable to Christmas!

When I opened up the first box I asked Macy what was inside and she very excitedly yelled "newspaper!" Once I pulled the first bunch of newspaper off the top, she got the hang of things pretty quickly.


The second box had bubbles to pop, so for Macy it pretty much was as fun as Christmas!



Once we got all the newspaper and bubbles out of the way here is what we found. Grandma Morgan sent the kids some yummy treats and these cute Halloween pillowcases.



Grandma Rollins sent a surprise for Samm's baptism and these super cute everyday pillowcases!

Seriously, what are the odds of getting a package from both Grandma's on the same day and both of them sending fun pillowcases? Crazy crazy stuff. We love it! Thank you to both of our awesome Grandma's!

And this is completely random, but I have a message for all of the meter readers out there. Please don't sneak through people's backyards wearing hooded sweatshirts!! Some of us are a little jumpy. Try wearing a bright orange vest and maybe some heavy work boots to stomp around and make noise in so we know your coming. I might have one less heart attack that way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can hardly believe that we both sent the same thing and you got it on the same day. That is just amazing in my book. Hope the kids enjoy them all. We love you!

Kory Jane said...

Don't you just love those people sneaking around in your backyard? It's a good thing you didn't go out and kick his trash. That is pretty odd that you got both packages with almost the same content.

The Thompson Family said...

Crazy! What are the odds? What wonderful Grandmas.

Seth and Julie said...

That is the best part about living far away..care packages. But seriously, how weird is the pillowcase coincidence? I have never been sent a personalized pillowcase, EVER, so how bizarre. Cute pillowcases though. They are going to have to make the rounds two or three times to fill those things up with candy.

Jenn said...

This is crazy. The only explanation that makes sense is Relief Society! Macy's fun pillowcase is the same fabric as Ava's Easter dress I made two years ago! I love it!

Dee dee said...

Great minds think alike! Especially when they are grandmas! I just kept giggling, what are the odds?!?!