Shamefully, I have to admit that over the last year or so most of the things that have come out of my mouth in regards to my boy have been negative. To him and others. He doesn't think about anything before he acts, he won't stop teasing his sisters, he doesn't follow directions. I keep trying to remind myself that he is a typical boy, but in the moment I usually just want to pull out my hair and wring his neck.
My goodness though, how I love him!
Sad that it took a little homework assignment for me to remember that, but I'm thankful for the reminder.
I remembered the day he was born and how scary it was. We heard the beeps of his little heart rate monitor go from slow to stopped completely and I suddenly didn't care how he came out just as long as he was OK. And when I heard him cry for the first time, I cried too.
James is a lover! He loves to love people and give kisses. The older he gets, the fewer kisses I get, but I still take them as often as I can. I especially loved his kisses when he was two.
James is also fun. He loves to be silly and make people laugh. These days he leans towards the bathroom humor, but after growing up with four brothers I know for a fact that is a boy thing.
He is also energetic and busy. And constantly hungry these day I might add! If he can eat two sandwiches for lunch right now, how much bread will I be buying when he's twelve?
And can I just say he is still stinkin cute! (He looks just like his Dad) His smile gets me every time.
So. That's my James. The boy who has my heart! And tomorrow his teacher will know that about him.


5 comments:
He is a really stinkin cute kid.
How much fun you must have with him. I could never get too upset with such a cute kid. He needs to keep that smile in his bag of tricks for later.
That's really sweet. It's a good reminder to me to remember the things I love about Ava when really all I want is to wring her neck. And he is the cutest stinkin kid!!
I can think of three words that I would describe James. PERFECT, JUST PERFECT. I also am a sucker for that smile. Of course the fact that it is just like seeing Josh young again only adds to the perfection.
Do whatever it takes to keep getting those hugs and kisses! They are very precious! Behavior can improve, but he's loved just because. And personally, I always thought he looked like you. But no matter, he's so dang cute he could look like both of you! Give him hugs and kisses from grandma.
Post a Comment