- Get pajamas on
- brush teeth
- read stories
- read scriptures
- say prayer
- tuck kids in bed
- ask what their favorite thing from the day was
- kisses goodnight
- wait 30 seconds for one to come back out for whatever reason they can think up
It used to be little things like another drink or "I'm too hot" but lately it's been getting a little ridiculous. I wish I could remember all the things Samm came out for last night but by the 3rd or 4th I wasn't even really listening. She is very creative though I will give her that.
It has gotten so bad now that we have to threaten with spankings (don't judge, sometimes it's the only thing that works!) and we have to tell them "don't come out again unless it's an emergency!"
Well, I'm pretty sure Samm sat in her room for the next ten minutes combing her brain for what might be considered a true emergency, because she marched herself out with purpose and declared.
"Mom, Dad, this is an emergency!"
"What is it Samm?"
"I have a splinter right here in my toe!"
I turned to Josh. "Splinters are all you."
"Get a needle and my head lamp." he ordered
OK, so the needle was necessary, but I'm thinking the headlamp was more for fun, but I could be wrong. He is almost a doctor after all.


Crisis averted and finally asleep at 9:15


10 comments:
She is so funny. I've never met a kid as smart or clever as her.
At least the splinter wasn't a repeat of the splinter in Medford. I still watch that video and laugh. haha.
Well, was there actually a splinter? And don't feel bad- it must have been last night last night. My Miss Thang came out multiple, multiple times & I finally had to threaten with a wooden spoon.
She looks like it was very painful! Is this Josh's first solo surgery?
sounds like my bedtimes...I got a great idea from a friend who gives her kids bedtime passes. Every night I give my kids 1 bedtime pass to get out of bed for whatever reason and they can't get out more then that or there get something taken away. The kids have Loved this idea and believe it or not it works! Trust me a night doesn't go by that someone doesn't use theirs but at least it is only once per child!
lol...love it.
I had to laugh when I found out the splinter was real. I thought it was a story and that Josh was trying to scare her into the truth with the needle and headlamp bit. I hope she didn't jam the splinter in there just to get out of bed. Thats what I would have done as a child!
Josh looks very professional. That Samm is one smart girl. Did she get the splinter on purpose?
I came home from work last week and Jen was sitting with Mayson on the couch and she was crying with a splinter in her thumb. I got the needle and when i came out you would have thought I told Mayson it was a gun the way she cried. I had to laugh alittle.
That is too funny! At least the splinter was legit! My girls don't come out of their room because Beau scared them into staying and it only took once of taking Avenley's ladder away, but they just play and sing and giggle for a good hour every night.
We turn the door knobs around and lock the kids in until they fall asleep. Don't worry we unlock before we go to bed.
Post a Comment