Friday, July 4, 2008

Mexico, Macy, and More

Since I know you have all been dying to no where I have been and what I have been doing these last couple of weeks, Here is a quick up date for you...

From June 18th to the 25th we were in Mexico with all of Josh's family. Actually I should be more specific, because it was the adults only. Yes, it was heavenly! Unfortunately I really didn't take very many pictures so I'm still waiting to get copies from everyone else. Here are a few though.



This is me standing in front of the main temple at Chichen-Itza. You can't walk up the steps anymore, but when we were there 3 years ago Josh and I got to and it was amazing

This is Josh's idea of a dream vacation

This is what I did most of the time, except replace the iguana with a book. Heaven!


Since we've been back I really haven't had much going on, it's just been really hard to get back into the swing of things, and blogging was not on the top of my list.

Macy has had a really big week though full of firsts. She got her first tooth, got her first hair cut, had her first taste of rice cereal which she loved, and finally rolled over for the first time. Instead of being excited though, I'm a little bit sad. She is already growing up too fast and I wish she could stay frozen as a baby forever. OK, maybe not forever, but a year or two might be nice.



In other news, Josh started his rotations this month and is loving it. Even though he has to be away from us for a couple of days at a time and is on his feet for 12 hours straight, he is finally out of the classroom and into the hospital. I have a little bit of a weak stomach though, so when he starts describing all the "cool" stuff that he is doing I have to remind him that I just want an overview, not details.


And of course I can't forget to wish all of you a Happy fourth! Our kids had a great time watching fireworks this year, but Samm still had to cover her ears.



Princess Fat Face and Grandma.



Samm and James watching the fireworks with their cousins. I promise Samm does have shorts on under her skirt.

6 comments:

melissa said...

Macy sure is cute! I felt the same way about Paisley's milestones, I didn't want her to grow up! It looks like you had a nice 4th and Cancun definately was heavenly!

Real Life Roberts said...

That pool in Mexico looks like paradise! for some reason it looks so much more apealing than the ones we are going to down the street. I guess that's whay it's a dream get away! FUN TIMES! Glad you are back!

The Thompson Family said...

I miss Cancun too. It hardly seems that it even happened. I can't believe how fast Macy is growing as well. She sure is a cutie.

Jenn said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I totally didn't realize that was Macy on Betty's lap. She is getting so big!
I'm glad you had fun in Mexico with your book!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome vacation...I need one of those without kids!

I can't believe how BIG Macy is getting...WOW she is one cute "chuba-luba" as we call them in our house...

Kate said...

Ohh, jealous of your vacation! I bet it was nice to get away! Macy is darling!