So, I thought Josh was having the time of his life while we were in Mexico and he was golfing away with his Dad and brothers, but I was wrong. Yesterday he got to do some sort of hip surgery (I can't remember the technical name) from start to finish all by himself. The Doctor of course was standing right next to him supervising, but Josh did all of the work.
As he was telling me all about it and trying to shovel in some lunch at the same time, he just kept saying "That was awesome!" He loves to use power tools at home, so being able to drill into someones body was just about the coolest thing ever.
Not very many students get that opportunity, so I am very excited for him. I'm just hoping he doesn't get really bored during the rest of his rotations.


8 comments:
That's my boy!!! Gotta love him - from his surgery nurse mom.
Wow! I'm impressed.
Let hope he doesn't get so bored that he wants to try some at home procedures. I guess I won't ever mention to him if my hips hurt.
Wow, that is really neat. Just the thought of drilling into someone's bone creeps me out. Go Josh!
That is so stinkin' cool. I'm jealous. I'm excited for him, too!
That is really cool! Its gotta be a good feeling when all that book work pays off and he gets to do some real dr stuff!
that is very cool!
I love that our men have got to do some pretty amazing stuff...I've thought of that too--Todd getting board in rotations.
Post a Comment