Monday, May 5, 2008

Swim suit drama

Ever since Macy was born I have been so focused on loosing the pregnancy weight so I can fit into a swim suit that I put off actually finding a swim suit to wear. Now I'm so stinkin' frustrated. I found one that I loved from Victorias Secret. I saved away for it, because it was kind of a lot, and when I got it last week it was awful! The color was not what I expected and the fit...well let's just say it looked like I was trying to squeeze into a 12 year old's suit. So depressing! Then, a couple days ago I fell in love with a new suit from Down East, but when I went to order it today they were out of the bottoms. So, I called to find out when they would have more and the lady told me they wouldn't. AAAHHHH! I know your all thinking why don't you just go try some one. Well, because I really don't like swim suit shopping ,which is crazy because I usually like shopping for anything. And because I so rarely get out without kids that I end up doing something practical like grocery shopping.


At least I will have my new super cute summer bag to wear on my shoulder even if that is the only thing cute I wear to the beach.


I was going to post a picture of me carrying the bag, but I only fixed my hair and put on make up once this week and I forgot to take a picture. Anyway, my friend Joni is disgustingly talented (she made Josh's birthday cake for me) and has her own business making hand bags. So thanks to her I will be somewhat stylish this summer.
Oh ya, any suggestions on where to find a cute swim suit? I have to do tankinis because I'm too tall for one pieces.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I found a super cute one at Target...Try there...I can't buy them online...Nothing ever fits right...

Or you can just make a trip out to California again...We have TONS of swimsuit shops...I am sure we could find something :)

Quin's momma said...

OK- I know this sounds so....domestic- but have you looked at JC Penney? Thy have some really cute tankini suits that I would totally be all over if I were skinny. So, you should get one so I can live vicariously through you!

Emily said...

You don't know me (don't worry I am not a stalker freak...I am Natalie and Keith's sister-in-law, Emily...I clicked on the link on their blog thinking it might be some different Rollins...) anyway, I read about your swimsuit drama, I have been there, so I couldn't resist making a comment. Look at Modbe.com. They have REALLY cute swimsuits.

Emily said...

Oh gosh...the stalker is making another comment. It is actually www.modbeclothing.com

melissa said...

Sally,

I totally know how you feel. I actually found a cute one at target. I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world who can't wear a one piece lol

Jenn said...

Or....you could come to Denver. We have good swim shops too! :)
If you don't find one, don't worry we'll find the perfect one in Florida.

Dear Stalker...you aren't a stalker. We've met you Emily. :) It's nice of you to help out!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sally, have you tried Layers? They have lots of cute suits. Boden has cute ones, too (real cute, and real $$.) But I think a good swimming suit is worth its weight in gold and is something worth forking over the $$ for. Good luck!

That bag is fabulous!

Lindsay said...

I told about Modbe yesterday so I should really get the credit for that one...sorry stalker...don't even know you but you have great taste!!