Since a few people have asked, here is the story.
Our next door neighbor is old and fat and doesn't wear a shirt.(that has nothing to do with the story.) He has this yappy little dog that barks at anything and everything, and has been telling us for two years now that "she just has to get to know you." Well, she is still barking at us, which wouldn't be a big deal if she did it from their yard, but the second we walk out of the house she runs over to us and barks at our feet. I have been cornered on our front porch before with two kids hugging my legs.
Last Saturday while Josh was mowing the lawn, the old naked guy came out of his garage and the dog immediately went after James who was playing in our front yard. Well, this time Josh had had enough and decided to take care of the problem.
Wait a sec, I need to back up for a minute. Our neighbor has also been telling us for two years that he is going to start putting the dog, who's name ironically is Sweet Pea, on a leash, but so far has never done it. I also caught him one time parked in front of our house with the car door open letting the dog poop in our yard.
Anyway, Josh ran up to it and soccer kicked it squarely in the head and sent it flying.
Of course the old guy started yelling at Josh and even said tried to say it was James' fault the dog came after him because he had a stick in his hand, but Josh is not one to back down and yelled at the guy right back and told him that if he ever saw the dog outside again without a leash he was calling the pound. Needless to say the guy just took his dog and went in the house.
So that is it. I don't think we'll be friends with him anymore, but since I don't even remember his name, I'm not really broken up about it.


6 comments:
I just have one question, did you measure how far the dog went beacuse I want to see if I can beat him.
Good job Josh! I hate yappy dogs and especially when they aren't just yappin behind a fence
In my opinion people who don't understand that not everyone loves their pet like they do need to be taught...whatever you have to do to get it through some peoples heads is fine with me. GOOD JOB JOSH!
hehe...definately not a story for dog lovers.
Love that story!
Thanks for visiting my blog! It is rare to find any young Sally's around! One more thing we have in common: you're in Broken Arrow and I went on my mission to Tulsa! I totally served in the East Stake (Pryor Ward) and the Tulsa stake (Cleveland Branch).
Are you from Souther Oregon like Emily? I grew up in Eugene.
Fun stuff!
Awesome. I want to know how far it went too.
In response to the other Sally that posted on your blog, our family is from Southern Oregon (Medford).
Post a Comment