For those of you who don't know, I have not been able to eat any dairy for the last several weeks. Even the slightest amount causes Macy to have horrible screaming fits.
At first I didn't think I would be able to do it..."she'll just have to be gassy" I thought. Then, after a few late nights of pacing back and forth while she screamed I decided I could do without it.
And now, I'm really doing pretty well with it. I like milk, but other than the fact that it is in everything (I had no idea until I started checking labels) it hasn't been too hard to give up. I've even stopped craving cheese.
Then, last night Josh told the kids we could go get ice cream because they ate so good, and I had the hardest time not licking the chocolate goodness spilling over James' enormous cone.

Once we got there Josh did feel pretty bad, because he had forgotten all about the fact that I couldn't have any. But it sure didn't stop him from enjoying a huge bowl of cheesecake and birthday cake ice cream!



8 comments:
More power to you! I don't know if I could do it! That swiss cheese is calling my name! Lindsay
I couldn't resist chocolate ice cream. But then again maybe if it meant a screaming baby all night, then ya, I could! You're a good mom! Your kids are so cute and grown up! Good luck, someday you'll be able to enjoy a glass of chocolate milk again!
I feel your pain Sally! Here's what gets me through:
1. Haagen Dazs Mango Sorbet
2. Ben & Jerry's Berried Treasure
Mix some of those fresh raspberries from Target that you love in with the Mango....HEAVEN! :)
Say Cheese!! Sorry that you couldn't have your ice cream. As soon as you can start having dairy again, I will treat you to Cold Stone. And where was the lovely picture of my brother stuffing his face with the oversized ice cream? ;)
wow, Sally...what a challenge. Isn't it amazing how much more will power and motivation you can find when it's for your baby, though?
Nice Work!
I was also so happy to read your comment on my blog about having wonderful friends there in OK. I have wonderful friends too and they make all the difference in the world being out here so far away from all my old friends and family. SO happy that you've found some gems. And you're not weird for enjoying girls nights...you're great.
well, good job! your a good mom. I don't know if I could do it, but then again I think I would do anything for my sanity!
I just don't know how you do it. I would put my child on formula! I just would have too hard of time.
Oh darn that stinks! My sister is dealing with the same thing...no dairy AND no wheat (she has celiac). So hard... but good for your baby!
Post a Comment