Saturday, April 19, 2008

The mystery revealed

After a day filled with anticipation and a lot of hair cuts (both good and exhausting) Oh, and me prodding for clues. We put on our fine trousers, got the kids pj'd up and headed over to Grandma's house to drop off the little ones.

Of course I had been trying to guess all day where we were going, and I was convinced that we were headed down town to the performing arts center. I am fortunate to have a husband who enjoys cultural events now and then and has taken me to some really great performances. Most recently was the Ten Tennors, who were awesome and I would highly recommend going to see them if you have the chance.

However, we ended up at The River Walk in Jenks. A fun little place on the Arkansas river with shops and restaurants. And in we went to a really nice fondue restaurant called The Melting Pot.

Neither of us had ever been there before, so we had to have everything explained to us, but it was so much fun.


The first course they bring out is the cheese. They have five or six kinds to choose from and the waiter makes it right there at your table. They bring you apples, bread, and fresh veggies to dip in the cheese and it was delicious.

Next they brought out our salads, and then the main course which was probably the most fun of all. All the meat is raw, and they replaced the pot of cheese with a pot of some sort of broth with herbs and spices in it for us to cook the meat in. Josh's favorite was by far the lobster tail.

At this point I was so full I didn't think I would be able to eat anything else, but who can say no to a warm pot of chocolate!

We devoured this whole plate and wished there was more.

The whole dinner takes about two hours to enjoy, but hardly seemed that long at all. It was so much fun to sit and relax and just talk. Poor little Macy is having some stomach issues today because of it, (There wasn't really a non-dairy option on the menu.) But not as bad as I would have thought.

And the price...Well let's just say on the way to the car we wished each other a happy anniversary, Josh wished me a happy birthday, and I congratulated him on finishing his finals, because we can't afford to go out for the rest of the year now. It was totally worth is though!

7 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

That looks delicious. You guys derserve to be treated every once in a while.

Jennifer said...

That looked so yummy! We have a melting pot here and I am definetely going to have to go try it now...I was curious how they did it...Sounds like you had a blast...Good for you guys!

Lisa said...

Although I do have that quirky fear of fondue, it does look fabulously delicious!

melissa said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love surprises.

Megan said...

hey Sally! It's Megan Layer. I was in Medford a couple of weeks ago and I saw your mom (my brother is in their ward). She said that you guys were in med school. You guys have been in for the long haul, huh? We are actually doing residency in Indiana right now. Does your husband know what he wants to go into? I can't believe how much your little girl looks like you.

We've been to the melting pot a couple of times... it's so good!

Real Life Roberts said...

WOW! Big spenders...whenever we get the mail coupons/ advertisements for the Melting pot, I dream of the day to go! Hey, maybe that day could be this weekend--I'll just have to sacrifice the dates for the rest of the year.

Quin's momma said...

Yes, I've heard that place is rather spendy, but so yummy. So, if you see any sugar daddies that would like to take a woman such as myself for a fun evening like that- send them my way!!!