Three years ago I posted this story about a cute little kindergarten boy and his scarecrow day outfit. I forgot about it until the night before and then somehow managed to pull together a pretty darn good costume. Just sayin. Anyway, my mom's comment was "Save it because Macy will need it in a few years."
Guess what I did not do and guess what I remembered last night! Yup, today was scarecrow day again. With no saved costume and no more energy I had to come up with something that Macy would be excited to wear to school. Fortunately, she did not want any straw because it might be itchy and we found an old shirt in James clothes pile that she was pretty excited about. All I really had to do was sew a few patches of fabric on her jean skirt and then tie some raffia in her hair as her "hat."
She does make the cutest little scarecrow girl I have ever seen.
I'm actually really glad that I didn't go all out again, because on Fridays I go to Macy's class and put together the kid's folders with all their work from the week, and there were only a few kids that had dressed up. And most of the other kids were just wearing either a plaid shirt or a straw hat. I guess James was probably way over done his year.
And this has nothing to do with scarecrows, but it did happen today also, so I'm caboosing it on. Macy's teacher is the same one that James had and she is really great about letting the siblings come to class to visit or help out. When I told her that James was homeschooling she asked me to bring him along with me on Fridays. Last week he just helped me put together the folders, but this week she asked him to check some counting books the kids had done and then stamp them. Then, she asked him if he would mind reading a book to the class. I honestly didn't think he would say yes, but he did and it was so sweet. I got a little emotional watching him because I am just so proud of him and how far he has come not just in school work but in his confidence. I could tell that he felt pretty proud of himself after as well, especially when the teacher said he was now the designated Friday reader.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Moments like those make you extremely happy that you followed the promptings of the Holy Ghost. We are loved and our Heavenly Father is always watching over us.
I never do manage to learn to save things for the next kiddo. I love that Macy's teacher is inviting James to come and read to the kids. I am sure watching him have the confidence to get up and embrace that opportunity was one of those tender mercies from the Lord to remind you that you are doing the right thing.
Post a Comment