"Guys! Wait a me!" Poor thing, that's the story of her life.
5th grade here is separate from the other elementary schools so Samm has to catch an earlier bus than the other two. Thankfully, it was running late so I was able to snap a few pictures of them all together, and then braid Macy's hair while we stood there.
She is way too grown up! And Beautiful!
Josh was giving me a hard time about taking the camera to the bus stop, because he said Samm was too old for that. She turned around on her way up though and made sure I took a picture so I guess she's not too old yet.
After Samm got on the bus Laila had a major melt down because she wanted to go too. She even refused to come back in the house because she was so mad at me. I got her calmed down just in time to head out the door again for round 2. It was pretty chilly this morning so we had to put on some warmer jackets also.
James is in 3rd grade this year and getting to that too cool stage. He didn't want to put his arm around Macy or even have his picture taken, but he did it anyway because he loves his momma.
These two have finally started becoming buddies, just in time for Macy to be gone all day.
Macy has been ecstatic for months to finally be starting school. She could not have been more excited to get on that bus this morning.
And just as the other two loaded up on the bus, Laila started wailing again, until she noticed me taking her picture. This is her, I'm trying to pretend like I'm not crying face. Fortunately we stayed pretty busy today and even went to the park for a while so she wasn't too lonely. Tomorrow will be a different story though.


4 comments:
Oh poor little Laila. Chloe was the same way every year waiting to start school but then the kids would be gone for a few weeks and she would remember how nice it is to have mom to herself and play the baby card.
The school going crew look as cute and as happy as can be. I am with you on the hectic first day thing! It is only 10:45 and I am exhausted! The get up early and follow a routine thing is not my specialty.
There was a time that I was getting super excited because I would almost have all my kids in school.....I guess that won't happen for about 5 years now. I know Hailey is dang excited to get to school. She is already counting down.
I hope they all have a great year! They are all so cute.
That first picture breaks my heart. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that one definitely is. Man, they are growing up fast!
Post a Comment