The best part of my day is when one of the kids says something so funny that I can't wait for Josh to get home so I can tell him. Sadly, I keep forgetting to record them here so that one day they can read them and laugh also. I'm recommitting myself right now to doing better, so here are a few from this week.
'
I was driving in Josh's car with Macy a few days ago when she said "Dad has really awesome music in his car, huh?"
I replied with a half hearted "uh huh"
And then she said "I don't like awesome music because it's too loud and screechy. I'm a girl so I like calm music."
Oh man, then I started laughing because she obviously has picked up on the fact that mom does not like loud music and dad does.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just this afternoon Josh walked in the door right after the kids got home from school which is very unusual. He mentioned that he had an hour before he was officially on call and when I asked what he was going to do with his free hour he said that he was going to bond with his son.
James was standing next to us and asked "what's bonding?"
So I told him that basically it meant that dad was going to rough him up a little and that he would cry, but that they would become better friends because of it.
Without even hesitating he said "But I'm already his friend!"
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
How cute...I love things kids say too. Glad you are going to start recording them. My favorite is James comment about Mom's arm. I still giggle about that one.
How cute! I fear that I have lost way too many cute kid lines by not writing them down right away. Good for Josh for bonding when I bet he wanted to sleep.
Yes, I also still think about the arm comment!!! Josh must of really bonded with his dad. Linne' roughed them all up quite often. It all started with the loudly shouted words, "DOG PILE"!!!
Post a Comment