Wow, this week has been crazy! I was planning on having a laparoscopy done sometime next month to remove my IUD that got put in wrong 3 times to begin with and then somehow burrowed it's way out of my uterus and into my abdominal cavity. And then suddenly on Monday I talked to a different doctor and she was willing to do the surgery on Thursday so I said "why not!"
The surgery went really well and Josh was able to stay home and take care of me and the kids so I could rest. Friday even seemed like it would be a good day as well since one of my friends took Laila and Macy for me for a good chunk of the afternoon so I could rest some more. By Friday evening though I was utterly exhausted and all I wanted was for Josh to walk in the door so I could go lay down again. Of course it turned out to be one of the worst days he has had in a long time and didn't get home until 10:00.
By, 7:00 I was feeling loony, and apparently so was Laila. I gave her some Motrin because her darn top tooth just won't break through and the poor thing has been suffering for weeks now. Afterward she was thoroughly entertained by the medicine dropper so we sat on the stairs for about 30 minutes playing this little game, but I eventually had to cut her off because I was laughing so hard that my incisions were starting to hurt. (keep in mind that I was still under the influence of several medications!)
Saturday was the worse day yet, where I experienced some sort of crazy anesthesia hang over, and of course Josh was on call so I was on my own again. Thankfully I have really great friends who helped me out getting kids shuttled to birthday parties and brought us dinner. I would not have survived without them!
Today I am feeling tired still but more like myself again, and that feels great!


5 comments:
Laila is so cute and I love her boot scootin boogie move.
Sorry to hear that you had to go through this craziness, especially on such a busy week for Josh. Hope you are back at 100% soon.
Sally, that might be the cutest thing I have seen in a while!
Haha cute! I'm sorry you had a rough week though, I bet your relieved to have that all over with!
So cute! Ezra and I watched this and he laughed the whole time.
Sorry about all the problems. I hope things get a lot better!h
Post a Comment