Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Samm the scarecrow

*I don't like hanging onto a lot of the kids school work, but this little story made me laugh so I decided to type it up here so Samm could read it again some day*

Dear Farmer Dawn,

I am your scarecrow and I don't like it on my pole. Here it's boring, crows peck me, and your wheat cutting machine hurts my ears. Wait, I don't have ears. Well I can still hear. I want to go to the fair and win 1st prize at the scarecrow contest. I also want to live my own life. I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but this pole is really cold sometimes. I just don't like it. So I was hoping you could take me down and I can do some of the things I want to do. Please keep me off my pole! Please!

Sincerely, Scarecrow Samm

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Seriously, how does she come up with this stuff? I love it. So glad you decided to keep that one. What kind of assignment was that for?

Anonymous said...

I have always loved Samm's stories but this on is really good. I honestly have never thought about the trials that a scarecrow goes through. That girl has quite the imagination. I see her as a writer some day. I have a couple of her stories in my Betty box.

Seth and Julie said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! So creative and she already has such an imaginative and interesting writing voice. Classic!

Krista Johnson said...

LOVE IT!