Tuesday, September 20, 2011
My side job
About half way through the last school year I was so tired of constantly telling James that he better hurry and get ready or he would miss the bus that I came up with a plan that was pretty effective. I told him that it was up to him to get ready for school and if he missed the bus I would be more than happy to drive him, but he would have to give me a dollar for gas.
He hasn't missed the bus once! Although he came pretty dang close this morning. Samm was already out the door while he was still unloading the dishwasher, and I don't think I have ever seen him put dishes away faster.
After the kids were gone I started helping Macy get ready for her first day of preschool when she asked me how she was going to get there. I told her I was going to drive her in the car, and she immediately asked "Do I have to pay you a dollar?"
Labels:
Back to School,
kid quotes,
Macy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Love the shirt!!!!
That story is too cute! And speaking of too cute, she could not be any cuter in her first day of school outfit.
Oh, and how smart of you to charge James for gas. Cracks me up! I pulled my kids off the bus this year because the anxiety of trying to run on it's schedule had me so frazzled but I should have asked your advice first. Such a funny solution!
What a cute preschooler! She's grown up so fast or maybe it's just that we haven't seen you guys in forever! Love the story, thanks for sharing.
I love the shirt too :)
She is a cutie! I love that she thought she might have to pay you a dollar because you were driving her.
What a cutie!
So cute. I can't believe she is in preschool. I am sure it is nice to just have time with you and the baby
Post a Comment