Saturday, March 19, 2011

Peace to a mother's soul

I have never worried about Samm and James getting along. From the time James was old enough to keep up with Samm, they were buddies. Sure they argue as much as any siblings do, but they love each other and it shows.

James and Macy can hardly be in the same room together let alone play together. If Samm is there to mediate than it can work although it always ends in Macy screaming because of something James did.

I have been so worried that the two of them were going to grow up simply tolerating being in the same family, instead of being best friends. I had friends growing up that seriously could not stand their siblings and even as adults they don't really get along well. To me that is so sad!

Over the last couple of weeks though I've seen glimpses of interaction that gives me hope. Moments here and there when they are enjoying being with each other instead of the usual routine of teasing and screaming. And when I looked out the front door this evening my heart was happy.




James even helped push Macy up the hill on her tricycle and then brought her to me before he ran off to play with the neighbor "so she wouldn't get stolen!"

I'm thinking that secretly he just might really love her.

And on a funnier note...James said a really sweet prayer tonight blessing our baby and all of us that we could have more joy. Then he ended by asking that we be blessed with more money, gold, and jewels. Ahh, if only!

2 comments:

Krista Johnson said...

Sal- it's not "if only" it's just a matter of when...you'll see, his prayer will be answered! :)

Anonymous said...

Man those kids are getting tall!!! I noticed in the other pictures that James was catching up to Samm. Looks like you have some nice weather now. Miss you!!