Our house has been freezing cold all winter long because it is so dang expensive to heat. I try and keep it at 65 degrees but sometimes I sneak it up to 68 because I'm bundled up in a sweatshirt and slippers and still shivering. Even then, I just about die every time a see a bill. In order to stay a little bit warmer we've actually been using the fireplace. (Our house in Oklahoma has a fireplace, but in 4 years we never used it once) The kids love it when we start a fire, because 1) it's fire and 2) sometimes we pull out the marshmallows to go along with it. One night we actually set up a tent for the kids so they could go camping in the living room. Pretty much the coolest night ever!
Getting good use out of my hot dog roasters!
I have anxiety about letting the kids help me with anything in the kitchen, because the mess and the fighting are more than I can handle. Macy gets spoiled though when the kids are at school and always gets to sit on the counter and help me. With an apron on of course!
Making monkey bars is pretty messy business!
And finally, a self portrait belly shot for the person who has been leaving a comment on every post asking for one and then finally resorted to calling me. You know who you are!
I'm just over 15 weeks and somehow this view from the side doesn't look nearly as bad as my view looking down.
Oh, and one funny thing. I posted this on facebook, but for the few who aren't on facebook yet (stay strong!) Macy keeps talking about how she is going to feed our new baby a bottle and finally this morning James informed her that babies don't drink out of bottles they drink from Mommy's boobies. She was pretty much more upset about that than when Samm let it slip that the baby would be getting cut out of my tummy.


6 comments:
How fun to camp indoors! I so wish I had a fireplace. Your belly looks adorable.
I bet it was mom, but I am glad she kept bugging you. I love belly shots and yours is always so cute and little. I am so excited for you to find out what it is. Almost there right? I sure miss you guys. Love ya.
You are always so creative. Hope it warms up soon. You look so cute Sally. You are so tiny.
You are always so creative. Hope it warms up soon. You look so cute Sally. You are so tiny.
Thank you! Thank you!! I just knew that your belly would be the cutest thing ever. You are a great daughter-in-law for humoring me. Love you!!
Cute Belly. When I wore that shirt I was 9 months pregnant with Ava. Not so cute! :)
I have the same anxiety over letting kids help in the kitchen. so messy! But Ava insists on helping!
Post a Comment