This time though she took it up about 4 steps higher. Not only did she paint her nails, but she also decided to paint her hair, face, pajamas, and James' bedroom carpet. The carpet that we just had cleaned 2 days before. And guess what. Red fingernail polish does not come out. I have it down to a light pink stain, but that's as far as it will budge. My next step is to try and bleach it out.
I have such a love/hate relationship with the 2 year old stage. I still don't understand a lot of what she says, which makes both of us severely frustrated and Macy usually ends up crying. She wants to drink juice and eat treats all day, but I won't let her. This also ends in crying. And of course she wants to play all of the games that the older two are playing, but they would rather she didn't, which results in not just crying but screams of rage. But then, two year olds can do some of the cutest stuff. Like the other night when we thought she was sleeping, until her little head poked out from the bedroom door and she said "Boo, Mommy Daddy! I waking up."
Macy also loves/is obsessed with Dora. Which is pretty much all she has done this week. Josh is out of town during the week for the next couple of months, the kids are on spring break, and I am still trying to put the finishing touches on our house. Our goal was to have it listed by the end of February. I'm really praying that with Josh home for the weekend we will finally have it done. I have a whole before and after post planned so I don't want to spoil too much of it, but I just have to show off my one of a kind art work. I had some empty wall space in our bedroom that needed to be filled and my sister told me that when they were fixing their house up to sell she went out and got a big leaf from her back yard and stuck it in a frame. Unfortunately, we don't have leaves outside yet, so I bought a big fake flower instead and stuck it in a frame. I'm pretty much tickled about the way it turned out.I also had a small space in the kitchen that needed to be filled so I got out my box of decorative stuff that wasn't being used and found a picture frame hanging thing that my other sister had brought back for me from her mission to Argentina. It is actually 3 picture frames hooked together with a rope that hangs vertically. Unfortunately though, during her flight home the glass for the middle frame got broken. When she gave it to me I had every intention of getting a new piece of glass cut for it and hanging it up, but, like with most things, it sat on the counter for a while until I finally just put it in a box.
I was pretty excited when I pulled it out again because I realized that I didn't necessarily need to have glass in the middle frame to make it cute. I dug around in all of my crafting/sewing/scrap booking/jewelry making stuff until I found everything I needed (I didn't have to buy a single thing for this one) and then I put together this little ditty. The letters are vinyl. I had a big roll of the alphabet that I bought at Hobby Lobby ages ago, and the flower in the middle is actually one of the very first vintage brooches I ever bought. I also added one of my Grandma's vintage buttons to the top.
In the end though I decided that it was much too cute for the kitchen so it is also hanging in our bedroom.
I still have to figure out what I'm going to do with the space in the kitchen. I would just leave it bare, but there is an ugly phone jack that needs to be covered.Wow, this post is now much longer than I intended and I should be in bed. Have a good weekend. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. Yuck!


2 comments:
The new owners of your house have no idea how lucky they are that you lived there first, you are saving them so much work, and hopefully making yourself so much money!
Two days before we moved out of our house in Utah, Alyssa (who was 2 then, go figure) took a black Sharpie marker to the carpeted stairs. I thought for sure we would be re-carpeting but guess what got it out? Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, cases and cases of them.
Sally, try rubbing alcohol on the stain in the carpet, I got Gentian Violet out of Lindsay's carpet one time with that. (One of Cam's hilarious adventures!) It did leave a little yellowing in her carpet.
Love the flower and that cute 2 year old with the pretty fingernails!
Post a Comment