
On skinny jeans I mean. The first time I saw one of the girls at church walk into a Wednesday night activity wearing them I seriously thought " Who in the world thought it was a good idea to bring back tapered jeans?" I could not fathom it! I lived through that once already. Let's not do it again!!!
So then I started seeing all of the girls wearing them and I though "OK, I've finally gotten old and I am no longer considered "in style" from a teenage point of view". I can live with that.
Then we went to NY and everyone was wearing them. Everyone! Including the wife of the couple we went with. She said they are all she wears now and I just have to get some.
So I tried on a few, but the one pair that I actually liked made me feel really self conscious. Like I was trying to be Sandy at the end of Grease in her black leather.
Anyway, now my sister has a pair and she is telling me I should try them on again but with cute boots. And I will say. If I do end up with a pair I will be wearing them with boots or cute heels. The whole skinny jeans with converse thing is just not ever going to happen with me. But I promise I won't hate on you if you wear them like that.
So I need some serious opinions here. If you feel passionately about them one way or the other and feel the need to comment, than by all means, please do. Otherwise just check out the poll to the right of the screen. Please!
So then I started seeing all of the girls wearing them and I though "OK, I've finally gotten old and I am no longer considered "in style" from a teenage point of view". I can live with that.
Then we went to NY and everyone was wearing them. Everyone! Including the wife of the couple we went with. She said they are all she wears now and I just have to get some.
So I tried on a few, but the one pair that I actually liked made me feel really self conscious. Like I was trying to be Sandy at the end of Grease in her black leather.
Anyway, now my sister has a pair and she is telling me I should try them on again but with cute boots. And I will say. If I do end up with a pair I will be wearing them with boots or cute heels. The whole skinny jeans with converse thing is just not ever going to happen with me. But I promise I won't hate on you if you wear them like that.
So I need some serious opinions here. If you feel passionately about them one way or the other and feel the need to comment, than by all means, please do. Otherwise just check out the poll to the right of the screen. Please!


10 comments:
I think YOU would look good in skinny jeans, but me I would have some major muffin top issues if I tried to squeeze into any. Unless they are like spandex and suck you in then I might be into a pair.
Some seriously ugly blasts from the past are coming back! Skinny jeans are cute, on the right person. I also agree that you can't wear sneakers with them, unless you want to look like Jerry Seinfeld. I will say that I LOVE boots. I used to live in skinny jeans (Guess/Bongo) with boots over them. Cowboy boots, suede boots, riding boots, any kind of boots. I am not so much a heels with jeans girl but I think you would look cute with that look. My opinion on trends is that if it is cute to you, wear it. I was baffled when everyone was walking around in crocs, and I knew full well that if anyone had worn them a few years earlier, everyone would have made fun. Thngs don't become cute just because they are trendy. I am happy when some trends come back...boots, peasant skirts, etc., and others I am happy to leave dead and buried.
Anyhow, I don't even own any clothes so I am the wrong person to ask. But you are a little fashionista and I trust that you will look cute no matter what you decide.
I think the skinny jean is cute ON SKINNY PEOPLE, like you. I can't stand when BIG girls and guys where them. Yuck. I tried on a pair and didn't hate them, but I just can't do it with my cankles. Shame.
I think few people actually look good in them. You are probably skinny enough but most people aren't. I can't figure out why anyone wants to be squeezed into their clothing though.
So I have have been feeling the same way you were, but the more I see them the more I llike them.
I don't think you have to squeeze into them any more than regular jeans. If you already wear your jeans form fitting, they fit just the same, except they hug your leg all the way down. It's not like you have to sew them on (like Sandy from Grease!) It's true though that really only skinny people should wear them. The problem is where is the cutoff? I don't consider myself fat, but I'm not skinny either. I'm just average. That's why I'm having a hard time accepting mine. I don't want to be one of those girls who shouldn't be wearing them but is. You can totally do them and would be super cute and trendy.
Also, it might help my case if I didn't live on a ranch and had some place fun to wear them!!
Coming from a teenage standpoint, I like skinny jeans, but again. On Skinny girls. If a muffin top is happenin, then the jeans aren't happening for you either. Sally, I don't think you have that problem
I don't have anything to say about them because I think there are rules about certain words you can use on these blogs. I did vote however.
I'm not digging the skinny jeans and I think they are disgusting on guys. But... maybe I am just out of the "hip" loop. I didn't even realize how popular faux-hawks were until Beau came home with one.
Of course the skinny girl is asking if it's okay to wear skinny jeans. I still remember when you, me and Jenn when to Express and you tried some on... They looked amazing on you, in fact I was jealous because I'm pretty sure I will never be doing the cute "skinny jean" thing:)
They were made for tall, long legged, skinny people like you!
Post a Comment