Monday, March 22, 2010

For sale by owner

Yes, it's true. The sign is finally in our front yard! I'm excited and sad and scared in so many ways. While I couldn't be more thrilled to be moving on to the next phase of our lives, the non-student one, part of my heart will always be at 3212 S. 211th East ave. This was our first home. The home that took us through the amazing and tough journey called medical school. This is where Samm learned to ride a bike. This is where we brought Macy home. This is the home that we spent countless hours painting and fixing up so that it could be a home. And while it's no where near being perfect, I still Love it. And I will miss it. That is if someone else ever buys it. Oh, it's sooo scary!

OK, as promised here are the before and after pictures...

The living room really wasn't that bad, but the carpet was soaked with animal pee. We didn't dare take our shoes off until it was removed. Oh, and the orange doors. That's a better shot for you of what the front door looked like.

The living room today. Keep in mind though that we didn't get these pretty floors until this past Christmas, and I didn't have that pretty tree or mirror until last week. Which reminds me. Everyone needs a fake tree in their house! My sister Jenn showed me that. And the mirror was only $40 at Wal-Mart. Killer deal!

The other side of the living room looking into the kitchen.


A lot of you have already seen this before shot of the kitchen, but just in case you haven't, here it is again. I don't have a before shot of the dining area any more, but it had really ugly wallpaper on the walls, and a dead bird stuck in the window.


Five minutes after I took the picture, the table was once again covered in gold fish crackers and juice.

I think white cabinets are much nicer on the eyes than dark flat grey.



This is James' room. It was by far the ugliest room in the house. Just look at the ceiling fan with only 2 blades, the streaky blood red walls, the black trim, and the checkered floor. Somebody was a fan of Nascar! Really, we know they were because there was a Nascar sticker on the closet door.



Because his room was the worst, it was the first place I started, and I've loved it ever since.


Samm's room wasn't quite as bad, but it was orange.


Are you feeling a little bit of pink overload from looking at her room now? I couldn't help myself, I was so excited to decorate a girls room.


The hall bathroom, sporting the same ugly wallpaper that was in the dining room.


This room has gone through several paint jobs, but I do love the color that it finally ended up with.



Our purplicious master bedroom!


It's now my favorite room in the house!





Our master bathroom was so bad that we didn't even use it for almost 2 years.

And while it's been functional for a while now, we didn't put up the mirrors until last month and I'm kicking myself that we waited so long. It actually looks like a nice bathroom now.


And I know I already posted an after shot of the outside of the house, but I found the before picture that I was looking for so I'm going to post it one more time. The poopy brown before.

The nice light beige color now.


So, that is our house. Our house that has been our home for four great years.

16 comments:

Lisa Anguiano said...

awe, it looks so nice! Congratulations! I'm happy for u guys! U know what's funny, my address right now is 3213, lol. Good Luck with your move!

Kory Jane said...

Don't worry I have a feeling it will sell fast. Your is way way better than our was and we did it. I wish I had your decorating sense. I hate that my house always just looks so so. Although it is hard to want to decorate in a rental. Keep us up to date on the sell. I felt the same way about leaving our old house. It was old and ugly but it was our home for so long.

Anna-Kare said...

I have cried when I left each home we have lived in, not because they were great homes but there were great experiences in each of them. Hope it sells quickly for you and you can move on to making new memories in a new place.

The Thompson Family said...

Good luck selling your house. You have done so much work to it and it looks great. I am sure it will sell. I also love the art work you have been making for the walls. You are so talented Sally.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

You guys have done a lot of work. It looks great. Good luck selling!

Amber said...

WOW, you guys have done a ton of work, and it all looks great! Good luck selling...

Ashley said...

You did an amazing job on the home! I hate moving homes, I just get so emotional lol, but good luck on the sell!

pamela said...

This will sell in a heartbeat. Take thousands of pictures from every angle. Your first home is always special but so is your second and third and forth. Life moves forward and there are so many happy things waiting for you at your next stop.
Pam

pamela said...

Yikes I think I deleted my comment before I was finished. Anyway, I was saying. This will sell in a heartbeat. You have done a terrific job of turning this from a house to a home and people will pick up on that vibe.
Take thousands of pictures because your first home will always be special but so will your second and third and even fourth. There are wonderful memories just waiting for you at your next stop.
Pam @ becolorful

Dee dee said...

Oh Sweetie! You are amazing! You got your talent for your grandmothers. I am so impressed! I absolutely love what you've done. I didn't remember the purple master bdrm. I can't even imagine living in that room like that, no wonder you didn't use it! Great job. I have no doubt that you will sell your house.

Lisa said...

Sally, it looks fabulous. I can't believe the difference. It looks so great! Next house is going to look even better!

Jenn said...

I can't believe how little James looks in the living room before picture!!

But about the house! It looks so great. I love the scarf above the bed. It turned out really good. And yes, the tree looks amazing. I hope it sells fast!

Victoria said...

Love the befores and afters of the kids rooms! Can't believe you didn't like and leave the nascar...JK! We looked at a house once where they did the bathroom in black and white checkered tile and made it look like a locker room. The other rooms had nascar stuff painted in them. :) Noooo thank you.

You did a great job on all of it!

Real Life Roberts said...

I haven't really stopped to be sentimental about my home until I read your post about yours...

Your home looks fabulous! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

wow, you guys amaze me, you totally made that place look AWESOME! I love the wood floors by the way

Marzee said...

I'm so impressed with what you were able to do on a student budget in only four years. I don't know how you managed it - but it's fantastic!