Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Introducing Lovely You!

A little less than a year ago I made these earrings by taking apart a vintage 1950's necklace.

Now, After 10 months of (off and on) antiquing and jewelry making, I am finally ready to do something that slightly terrifies me.

I am putting myself and my creations out into the world.

The first step of this journey was to create a new blog where I can really talk about my creative ups and downs. lovelyyoudesign.blogspot.com

The final and hardest step was to decide where to sell my recycled vintage jewelry. After much deliberation and talking with very wise friends, I decided to join the realm of Etsy. So come visit me at lovelyyoudesign.etsy.com

I have discovered a hidden passion and I am very excited to finally be able to share it with all of you.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sal I have to say that I am soooo impressed and I am tempted to buy the pearl necklace. I absolutely love your jewelry. It is such a great idea! I put the link on my facebook page because I think it is so awesome. Way to go!

Seth and Julie said...

GO YOU! I am so impressed with what you have done with your passion. I have wanted to try to write something for my whole life and I have not been brave enough to put myself out there. I really commend you for being brave enough to share your gift.

BRAVO! I love it. I am not a jewelry person and a couple of those necklaces tempt me even still.

Jenn said...

I'm so excited for you. It's all really great stuff!

melissa said...

Good for you! I bet your site will do well! I hope you keep some stuff for yourself!

Dee dee said...

I'm your first etsy customer I believe. You can just bring it for me and give it to me at Christmas, keep the $2 for shipping. My only comment is that you are not charging enough. I looked at some of the other vintage jewelry and earings were going for $15 up to $38 and yours are just as cute if not cuter. Don't sell yourself short girl. You make great stuff!

Dee dee said...

Sorry, messed up on the English, fingers moved to fast. You know what I mean, just bring it with you at Christmas. Thanks.

Dee dee said...

"too" fast I mean! ha-ha

Lindsay said...

Now I know where Samm gets all of her creative energy!! I'm so excited for you Sally and hope this is a great success!