Thursday, October 1, 2009

Inspiration from Wal-Mart

I wouldn't say that Halloween is my favorite holiday, but I do start to get pretty excited this time of year. Something about the fall colors stirs the right side of my brain. We already painted pumpkins this past Monday for family home evening, and I'm thinking this Monday we might have to make pumpkin butterscotch cookies. They are the best cookies ever!

So, several months ago Samm asked if she could be Rapunzel for Halloween. I went right out and found a pattern for .99 cents and then happened to hit the Wal-Mart across town while they were closing out their fabric department and got all 8 yard of fabric for the costume really cheap. I even got started on it right away, but of course lost interest near the end and never finished.

Last week though as soon as fall hit I suddenly had the desire to finish it. It's not fantastic, but Samm is thrilled so I guess I'm happy.

Then I started thinking about what Macy should be and I drew a complete blank. So frustrating!

I know I put way too much effort into their costumes, but I can't help it. I think I get just as excited about picking out the costumes as they do.

And then, one morning as I was heading towards the diaper section in Wal-Mart (btw-if I'm in pajamas you'll find me at Wal-Mart, if I'm actually dressed I head to Target. Last week was definitely a Wal-Mart week)

Anyway, as I was passing through the baby section I spied the cutest pair of orange and black striped tights for only $3.

Inspiration: Go with a classic.

Tonight I finished up her black tulle skirt, and come Halloween she is going to be the cutest little witch you have ever seen!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh. So cute! I can't wait to see the whole outfit!

Anna-Kare said...

Awesome!

Becky said...

Pumpkin butterscotch cookies? I've got to have that recipe!! I love anything pumpkin. Don't you wish you could just walk around in those tights too? I love 'em. Way cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm bewitched!!!

Pepple said...

Oh she is going to be the cutest little witch! Love those tights. I saw them too and was trying to think of what I could have Lola wear them with.

Quin's momma said...

I love those tights! And those adorable little legs in them!