Friday, October 16, 2009

For Mrs. 97.6 is a low grade fever

Do you remember this post?


That teacher seriously had me scared to death for James to start regular school. I just knew I was going to be getting weekly phone calls about all the poor little girls James was torturing.

Guess what? Two months into school and not a single phone call!

I've asked his teacher several times when I drop him off if he is doing OK and the answer is always "Oh ya! He is so cute."

Can I pause for just a second to tell you how much I absolutely adore his teacher. I wish I could bottle her up and then give a small dose of her to every teacher in every school in every grade. She is amazing!

Well, yesterday I went in for my parent teacher conference still expecting to hear that he was misbehaving in some way.

This is what Mrs. Gifford had to say about James..

"He is sweet, adorable, enthusiastic, and well liked by everyone (even the girls)."

Then at the end of our chat she said "If you ever want to get rid of him, call me first!"

And you know what? I offered him to her right then and there!

8 comments:

modern myrtle home said...

I am so glad! :) Good job James! There's nothing like when someone else genuinely loves your kid.

Amy said...

So glad that he has such a good teacher this year. Make sure you tell her how awesome she is. This world needs more GREAT teachers - children can definitely do with out that jerk face teacher from last year.

Kory Jane said...

I am telling you, that lady at Headstart was on something. Where do they get those teachers huh? I am so glad he is having a great time. Wish Lexie was in Pre-K. Oh well, have to wait till Kindergarden next year I guess.

Anonymous said...

Just look at that face - Who couldn't love him?

Jenn said...

I'm so happy for you. I think that other teacher just doesn't like children. His new teacher sounds great. And he is sweet!

Natalie said...

James is such a cutie. I'm so glad that he has a good teacher. I haven't even met her and I like her. Having a good teacher must make all the difference.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Thompson Family said...

I see James is already the Ladies Man. I am so glad he is doing well in school. He is a cutie