Sunday, October 25, 2009

A colorful week

Here is just a quick run down for you.

Very early in the week James decided to go swimming in the bathtub and then stood up underneath the faucet. This resulted in a very nice little gash smack in the middle of his cowlick. I think it could have used a stitch or two, but Josh was gone and Macy was already in bed so I applied some pressure until the bleeding stopped and now he will have a nice scar. It won't be his last.

A few days later the school nurse called me. I was so afraid the words fever or throwing up were going to come out of her mouth that when she said James had fallen I was incredibly relieved. She assured me that he was fine, but wanted to let me know that he would be coming home with a little mark.

I should have taken a picture two days later when it was really black and blue but I forgot. A boys first black eye is a pretty momentous occasion after all.

Somewhere during the course of the week he also managed to get himself stuck in between the springs of the trampoline. The first thing I did when I saw him was laugh, and then said "hold on, I'm going to take a picture." Like he was going anywhere.

After so many days of looking at a snaggle tooth Dad finally got physical and forced Samm to let him pull it out. Now her S's sound like sh. Is it inappropriate to laugh when your child swears and they don't know it? No. Well, what if they are talking about sitting in church?


She also had her fall dance recital and did a fantastic job. I'm living my dancing dreams vicariously through her.



Then Josh and I snuck away for a quiet date to Barne's and Noble on Friday. I'm trying to be frugal, remember. Over all it was a good week. Eventful, but good. By last night though we were all pretty much worn out.

Bring on the new week!

7 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Poor James. My goodness what a week for a little guy. I ams sometimes certain that we are raising the same 3 children. Him and Alex would make a truly dangerous pair.

And this post reminds me: I must enroll Alyssa in dance so that I can also live vicariously through her.

Kory Jane said...

Boy, good thing Josh is going to be a Dr. with James around. I love that last picture. I am so glad no one is around to take a shot of me like that.

Jenn said...

S(h)itting in Church....S(h)itting in the shade....that girl sure likes to s(h)it! :)

Sounds like a very eventful week!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that last picture!! What a great shot. Hey, Why didn't you tell me about Samm's recital? I would of gone with you. She looks so cute. James is sure following in his father's footsteps.

melissa said...

Oh my goodness, you did have a busy week. Paisley always has some sort of bump or bruise or scratch on her face. Samm sure is looking grown up! That is too funny about the "s" thing, I'm sure I would laugh!

Quin's momma said...

Is it wrong that I laughed aloud at the last picture of James & the trampoline?

Anonymous said...

ha, james is a boy after my own heart, not it will not be his last scar, and I glad you realize the importance of a first black eye. Ha, loved the last picture, and how ironic, I had a date at barns and nobles too. Love ya sis.