Monday, June 8, 2009

Terrified

I've been naive! Like the first time expectant Mom who doesn't fully comprehend what is in store for her. How could she?!

I'm not a kid person. I've hated every second I've ever been a primary teacher, and I sometimes pretend not to hear my kids when they ask if I want to play something with them. I'm trying so hard to enjoy my children while they are young, but I've always secretly been excited for them to get older, and here it is , for them to be teenagers.

Let's just say I've awakened from my naivety. Samm and I have had a few "occurrences" this week that have left me wondering "is this a glimpse of what my future with a teenage daughter will be?"

Please stay little forever!!!!!

7 comments:

Anna-Kare said...

Hang on to that ignorance! If we knew what was ahead, we'd have been too terrified to begin the journey. But, even with all its bumps, it is still a journey worth making. Enjoy the white water ahead! :)

Seth and Julie said...

I actually love babies. I wish my kids would always stay little but when it comes to other peoples kids I am not a kid person at all, although the Primary kids have really grown on me.

Anyhow, I know what you mean. We have had a few of those glimpses too and YIKES! I am sure I would not have had kids if I had thought about all the crazy challenges it would bring during adolescence. Oh well, we are in too deep now, right?

Danielle said...

Well now I am so curious about what those glimpses are???

Cute photos below by the way.

Lisa said...

The thing that has stunned me about teenagers is how the worry and heartbreak doesn't stop when they are in bed. I always used to take a breath and relax when the little ones are in bed. Now I take that time to stress about my teenager! This too shall pass, right?

Lorie said...

Sally, you are right! It was the unicorn shirt... I didn't even realize how "studly" he looked that day. HA!

Good thing she is so cute... how can she do anything wrong, look at those beautiful blue eyes.

Anonymous said...

As the child gets bigger so do the problems. Enjoy the little things of life while you can.

Jenn said...

I'll have to call to find out what the "occurences" were. I can't believe how old she looks in the picture. I still think of her as a super smart 3 year old!