Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday adventure

Had you been in Tulsa today heading west on the Broken Arrow expressway around 11:30 you might have seen a shiny white Trailblazer fresh out of the car wash. In the driver seat was a hunky young man with a handsomely boyish grin. In the passenger seat was a female in her late 20's, in desperate need of a root touch-up, wearing a dishrag as a blindfold!

Josh said people were starring, but since I couldn't see them I didn't care.

So, where were we headed?

To get my birthday present!

No, no, your calender isn't wrong. My birthday still isn't for another month. July 26th to be exact for anyone dying to know. But Josh was anxious to get me hooked up with these sa-weet running shoes.

I almost felt like a real runner at this place. They had me run on a treadmill for a few seconds so they could analyze my arches and some other stuff I didn't totally understand but pretended to. Then, based on what they saw, they fitted me for the right shoes!

I guess I can't back out of my training now. Half marathon here I come!

BTW, it goes without saying but I'm going to say it anyway. My husband rocks

5 comments:

Keith said...

Those Asics? I just got some Asics too and love them. They are really comfortable.

Kory Jane said...

So I can go ahead and sign you up to run the Tulsa Run this year right?

Seth and Julie said...

How fun! I wonder if that would motivate me to exercise...I doubt it but I would still love the fun thoughtful gift!

modern myrtle home said...

Yea! Another Tulsa Run friend. :) Good shoes make all the difference. Happy training!

Amy said...

Do you have a training schedule - I've been wanting to train for a half marathon - because I'm fat :) Nice shoes - I just got some new Under Armour (obviously) shoes - I LOVE THEM!