If perspective could be sold in a bottle I would line up for a prescription. I would Set it on my bathroom window sill next to the stuff that keeps me from morphing into crazy lunatic mom and devour it daily. I would most definitely become a perspective addict.With no such pill available though I usually get my fix through a phone call either to a friend, my mom, or my sister. These phone calls keep me moving through reality for a while until reality slips into poor me and I require another phone call. I guess you could call me a perspective phone call addict.
And even though perspective is good, a dependency on anything or anyone isn't.
I know I could never give up my perspective phone calls completely, and I don't think I should. A little girl talk is always good for the soul. But I am making an effort to put thing in perspective for myself a little more and relying on others less.
You know, now that I think about it it really is just what my Mom has been telling me to do for a long time. The first step is to recognize the negative self talk, and then replace it with something positive.
So, this morning as I was grumpy and tired because the kids took over my bed last night and I ended up on the couch I remembered that my sister is nursing a baby all night long and didn't get nearly as much sleep as I did.
And as I'm sitting here lonely and wishing that Josh was home with me right now, I remember my friends who's husbands have already gone home and are now waiting for them to return.
Even the young man in a wheelchair with severe physical dissabilities that I saw this week at the Dr's office reminded me that even though I am struggling with a capital S to get anywhere in my half-marathon training, I am healthy and for that I should be grateful.
And I am!


No comments:
Post a Comment