Friday, December 21, 2007

smarty pants

I know everyone thinks they have the cutest and smartest kids ever. Believe me, I'm no exception. I just have to say though that Samm continually amazes me. A couple of weeks ago she asked me what the word miniscule (sp?) meant, and then last Sunday she started telling us what kinds of things were facts and what were opinions. Tonight she blew us away when we had the kids hold a box on their laps in the car because it wouldn't fit in the trunk and she said to us "This box is just too heavy and cumbersome." What five year old even knows that word? I guess she is learning a lot of this from a word game online at pbs kids, but as a mother I was still rather impressed that she could use it in her own sentence. Were still not so sure about James. All he says when you talk to him is "huh?". Good thing he is so dang cute!

2 comments:

Kory Jane said...

"where we going now", they are both cute. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to live close by and be close to you guys. Hope you have a fun trip to the temple!!! ;)

Jenn said...

I tell everyone that my neice is the smartest 5 year old. I can't wait to tell this story. I don't even think I could use the word "cumbersome".