Monday, June 24, 2013

Apparently expensive taste is genetic

When Samm was two years old she refused to eat macaroni and cheese (and still does) but would inhale shrimp alfredo (and still does). I should have known then that she wasn't going to settle for things like dance lessons. She has always loved animals and riding horses has always been a dream of hers. A few months ago a lady a church mentioned to me that she teaches horseback riding lessons so I mentioned it to Samm and it has been the only thing she has talked about ever since. I should have asked how much it costs before I promised Samm she could do it, but watching the smile on her face today made it all worth it!
 



Everyone was mesmerized by the horse, even Laila. She had a trampoline for the kids to jump on while we waited, but they kept ending up back at the fence.



I must admit, even I was a little jealous. I would have loved having a horse as a kid.

5 comments:

Thompsonfamily1 said...

How fun, what a neat experience for her. What a good Mom you are.

Kory Jane said...

Even I am sitting here jealous. I have always wanted to be that girl riding the horse at full gallop. What a great opportunity.

Seth and Julie said...

That first picture looks like a dream! What a blast! I love horses and went to equestrian camp a few summers as a child (through the YMCA) and we were assigned a horse to care for and ride for the week and even had a rodeo to showcase our new skills at the end of the week. I don't know if they still offer anything like it but it was amazing!

Also, a friend was recently telling me gymnastics was the most expensive sport and I thought TKD and skating were both more so we looked it up and the top 3 are 1-equestrain, you know because you have to own and stable a horse 2- ice skating and 3-martial arts so I have numbers 2 and 3 covered but you managed to find the top one.

melissa said...

I'm jealous too! what a cool experience!

Dee dee said...

She gets it from her Grandma!