Friday, March 8, 2013

Records Day

It seems like we have had a lot of no school days around here lately. First it was mid winter break then a snow day and now this week we had records day. I'm not really sure what records day is all about, I just know the kids don't have school.
 
I tried to prepare myself for the day of craziness by locking myself in my room for a while to read but it was quickly interrupted by James who came in asking for that black marker you draw on your face with. After a minute or two of back and forth confusion I figured out he was talking about my eye liner. I wasn't sure I wanted to let him use it, but decided it would buy me a few more minutes of quiet so I handed it over. Five minutes later I was summoned downstairs for a front row seat to the Samm and The Lightning Thieves concert. Best. Concert. Ever! I was really sad when I took out my video camera and the battery was dead.
 


Most days Samm can only handle one group activity with the younger kids before she has had enough but that day the stars were aligned and after the concert she led them in a game of recycle ville. Basically they raided the recycle bin for cardboard and then made a little town for cars to drive around in. This was the just the beginning of recycle ville. I wish I would have taken a picture when it was all done because it really was quite impressive. What is even more impressive though is that they sat and played cars for FOUR hours! AND with only one little squabble at the very end.



 



And this is totally unrelated but I'm tacking it on anyway. Samm and Macy used to play dress up together all the time, but since Samm has outgrown it Macy doesn't play with the dress up clothes anymore unless a friend is over. One day last week though I went down stairs and found these two playing together.
 

Macy is laying on the couch because she was sleeping beauty and Laila apparently was channeling Michael Jackson. 
 



 
I'm hoping for a lot more dress up days still to come!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Macy's outfit in the concert. I have always been amazed at Samm's imagination. How great that they can do that type of entertainment on days with no school.

Kory Jane said...

When did Macy get taller and skinnier? I hardly recognized her. Your kids are getting so big. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months.

Krista Johnson said...

Macy has always been a cute girl but the second picture of her is jaw dropping gorgeous. What a heart breaker! LOVE the outfits. I am always amazed at the things that Samm comes up with. Too bad she has outgrown the dress up days.

melissa said...

So fun! Beau and I thought the same thing about Macy. She has grown up!

Seth and Julie said...

Okay, I am glad I am not the only mom who would have handed them the eyeliner and dealt with their mess later to nab a few more minutes of peace. And it was so worth it because they are having a blast and it made for some super fun pictures. I love their cardboard city too. I love when the stars align and they want to play together. Such awesome moments. Thanks for sharing them.

Dee dee said...

Creative genius! I love it! So much better than the boob tube! So glad that Macy and Laila are enjoying each other and playing dress up. Lots of fun days ahead

Thompsonfamily1 said...

Super cute. You have such great kids. Love and miss you guys.