Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Another First

 
Since Samm is the oldest she gets the honor of doing most of the "firsts", and pine wood derby got added to that list last night. Yes, it's usually a scout thing, but we decided that it would be a fun activity to do with our activity day girls for recognition night. The girls loved it, but I think it will be a once every four years event!
 
 
All of the girls got a certificate, Samm's was for Most Dreamy.
 
Here is what we learned from our first Pine Wood Derby event...There are some very serious pine wood derbiers out there and we are going to have to seriously step up our game come May when James gets his block of wood!

5 comments:

Kory Jane said...

This is the truth and we learned on Logan's first derby when he was in last place on all the races. Good thing Corey has more time now. Way to go Samm!!

Seth and Julie said...

Oh man...James probably thought he'd get to be the first this time. How fun to do that with the AD girls though. Is that your calling? That was one of my all time favorite callings.

Sally said...

Yes Julie that is my calling. Everyone keeps telling me that they just loved being in Activity days, and honestly I don't hate it, but I have a hard time connecting with kids. I've only been in two months though so I'm sure it will get better.

Anonymous said...

What a dreamy pine wood derby car. I love it. I have always wanted to be AD leader. Never had that opportunity ----yet!

Dee dee said...

Honestly, your brothers never won the Pine Wood Derby cause your dad wouldn't compete with the other dads.