As it turns out, taking pictures of four children is a lot harder than taking pictures of just one uncooperative baby. Especially when one of the four children is the uncooperative baby!
This photo shoot was not quite as bad as Laila's since no one was maimed in the process, but oh my goodness, by the end of it, if I heard "I'm bored!" one more time I think I would have got in the car and left them all with the ducks. Really not the most fun I've ever had!
My goal however was to just get at least one good group shot that can be turned into a Christmas card and one shot of each individual that can hang on the wall, so in that regard it was a success. I spent a lot of time making and putting together their outfits though so I was really hoping for some amazing pictures, but when it comes down to it, I'm just not a photographer, so maybe my expectations were a little too high.
I keep promising myself that someday I'm either going to really learn how to use my camera, or stop being too cheap to pay someone to take pictures for me. Until then, we make due with me as the photographer and the camera on auto.
I love this picture! Josh was trying to get her to hold her hand out and let the ducks take the bread right from her and she became hysterical.
Aahh, done for another year!


5 comments:
I think you got some darling shots that would be great on the wall. I started out thinking I would tell you which one I liked best but it didn't take long before I had too many.
I don't know what you are talking about. I think they turned out awesome. Your kids take such great pictures, smiles included. Those will look great hanging on your wall.
Your kids are all so photogenic. Guess it's easy to be photogenic when you are beautiful! I love what Macy is wearing. So spunky and fun. As for your skills, I think you always take awesome pictures. Now that I have a good camera I keep refusing to put it on auto and I really should because I end up with blur or shots that are not properly exposed. I may have to give up and follow your lead because these look great.
Good job with the pictures! James is quite photogenic! I need to get out and take some new ones as well. Trying to decide if I should wait until after baby is born or not. I mostly use auto too. I still need to take a class! I was supposed to last January and never got around to it!
I loved them all. The kids have gotten so big! All of them are my favorite. Ummm where are the pictures of you?
Post a Comment