I love the idea of big fancy birthday parties for my kids with cute decorations and delicious food, but I also know myself pretty well by now and it's just never going to happen. Especially for the first birthday. Your lucky if you get a cake and a few presents...
Laila's official big day was on Wednesday and we happened to have a fun splash park with friends day planned.
Samm is already a boy chaser!
Josh was on call Wednesday so we had planned to have her party of Thursday, but ended up going to IKEA instead. We got the kids an ice cream cone on the way out and said it was for Laila's birthday, although Laila only got a few small tastes.
The actual party took place of Friday night, at home with no guests. It was not Pinterest worthy at all, but it was Rollins family worthy!
Samm made Laila this cute little book of first words.
Laila actually loved looking at it. I had to take it away from her though because she was starting to rip it and I want to save it in her file for her.
"Don't touch my baby doll"! I finally have a girl that loves babies!!! Yay!
She wasn't too sure about this horse right at first, especially after James knocked it over and it popped right back up, but she has since warmed up to it.
Samm also hung up streamers all around the dinning room. Maybe someday her kids will have really cool parties.
"I'm one!" I didn't notice until was uploading these pictures that she is holding up her pointer finger. (Sign also by Samm)
It's hard to believe that she is already one year old. Part of that is probably because she just barely started crawling and she is pretty small compared to my other kids at this age. I'm happy about that though. I want to hold on to her baby stage as long as I can.
And, just a few little tid bits about Laila at 1 year...
She is incredibly observant. She is always trying to copy what we do. She no longer has to be in the same room with me at all times. She crawls after the kids and will sit at the baby gate and yell until I put her downstairs with them. She loves fruit, tolerates vegetables, but will not touch meat. She says dadda and bye, but will not say momma. She knows a few baby signs, but now refuses to do them. Her preferred method of communicating is still shrieking. She loves baby dolls and rubber ducks. She likes when I read to her. And, she still draws all kinds of attention everywhere we go with those pretty blue eyes.
Happy Birthday Laila Bug! I love you so much!


6 comments:
I could swear you just had that child! She is looking so grown up and looking a little like James in these pictures. Very cute!
Oh and I LOVE to throw birthday parites but for a one year old? Never. My kids don't get real parties until they are 4 and even then only every other year. The big parties are fun but the years where it is just a family celebration are more special.
She's cute as ever. I'm glad that she let's you leave the room now though. It's so fun to hear about all the new stuff she's doing too!
So cute! I agree, she looks a bit like James. Samm is so sweet for doing all the birthday stuff for her!
SO glad she doesn't scream every time you leave the room anymore! I can't believe she's one. In the pictures of her opening presents she looks so big, her legs are so long! And the picture of "Don't touch my doll!" she looks a lot like James. I never noticed that before. Happy Birthday Laila!
It seems like yesterday when we were there for her birth. I also thinks she favors James but I also think each of your kids have their own cute look. miss you guys!!!
What a cutie. Happy birthday Laila. It looked like a wonderful birthday.
Post a Comment