Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kalahari


Last weekend we took a little mini family vacation to Ohio. There is a huge indoor water park and resort called Kalahari in Sandusky which is just under 2 hours away from us so we decided to go check it out. It did not disappoint. 


Macy working on her basketball skills. If you missed it on facebook, Macy just got measured at her 4yr check up and is in the 100th percentile for height! Josh has big plans for her.


Josh pretty much did not have a single second to sit and relax. He ran around the park with the kids for three days and they could not have been happier.




Samm was a really great help to me of course and walked around with Macy most of the time. 

Of course, her taking care of Macy in the kiddie pool had absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that she    did not want to ride any of the water slides.


I wasn't sure how this little munchkin was going to do spending all day at the pool, but she really was great.




The big hit of the park was this boogie board ride. Unfortunately the line was always really long so they only rode it a few times, but I was really impressed with how well Samm and James did. 



You had to stand at the top by the life guard and jump forward over the ledge and I wasn't sure if Samm would actually do it, but after only a second of hesitation she went for it.



There was another life guard down in the front facing them and telling/showing them what tricks to try. This one was my favorite.




The life guard in front had a little bit of fun with Josh. After she took her board and did a front roll, the two older guys standing next to me started laughing, and Josh mouthed "ya right!" She smiled and nodded her head that yes she was serious and she may have giggled just a bit also.


It's hard to tell from this picture, but this was him actually completing the roll and making it back onto the board! I'm pretty sure he shocked everyone watching.


Macy was willing to give the bigger water slides a try, but in the end she was happiest on the little ones in the kiddie pools.


James is our ride lover and had Josh going on all of them with him. That is James coming out of the one on the left. 


I love these next two pictures because it shows the difference in the size of splash that Josh and James make. This is our little skin and bones James.




And this is Dad!


So she was mostly happy


Macy was sitting out for a while to warm up and just started singing to herself. Even after I started taking her picture, she acted like I wasn't there and just kept singing away.


Swimming all day makes for very hungry kids!


Mostly Laila and I just sat and people watched but we did play in the water a little.



Macy had a perma-wedgie


Too cute not to take a picture of!


And just a few pictures of my people watching partner. I couldn't help it, she is so stinkin cute! And to answer the question about who Laila actually looks like. Well, according to the Asian lady at the kiddie pool she looks just like her niece. ?






By the third day of nonstop running around with the kids, Josh was d.o.n.e.


And this is what a long day of swimming and  late night dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings will do to a little girl.


PS. That purple shirt is the only proof from our entire trip that I actually do exist. I really need to start handing the camera off to Josh more.

6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

We have a Kalahari at WI dells and it is my kids fave place in the world. So much fun. You got way better pics than I ever can at the waterpark. Looks like the best weekend ever! Laila is too cute and I am glad the asian lady cleared up the mystery of who she looks like.

Natalie said...

So fun! Thanks for posting pictures. What a great idea to do something like that for a long weekend in the winter. I bet the kids were in heaven.

I love Laila's swimming suit. She's just so darn cute!

Jenn said...

Wow! I wish we had one of those near by! That looks like so much fun. My girls both LOVE to swim. They all look like they had a blast. Great family vacation.
p.s. you still didn't help me resolve my issue about Laila. I just can't figure it out!

Kory Jane said...

You really do take such great pictures. I get hounded by Mom because I am sure your blog is loaded with them. I have to blame it on my cheap camera....maybe I should invest in a good one. Then I wouldn't be able to stop taking pictures. Which one do you have again?

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I really enjoyed it. It looked to me that Josh was having as much fun as the kids.

Sally said...

Kory, I just have a Nikon d40 which is one of the cheaper dslr cameras, but since I'm not doing anything professional it's fine for me. My sister just bought a cannon something that she really likes too.