I remember telling you that I would blog every week from the library, and here it's been a whole month. Blogging without pictures just seems so boring, but I'll try and do better.
So, did I say that Josh got one day off after every six. OK, try he got one day off after 17 straight 12 hour night shifts. Short version of the story is that they ended up one intern short in the ICU and everyone else had to pick up the slack. Add in some major stress coming from our house in Oklahoma, and it was a very long 2 1/2 weeks. The rest of this month will be much better though (cross our fingers) because he is on days and will still get 3 more days off. As for the house trouble. We averted having to replace the roof, and replaced it with a letter from the bank informing us that because of the type of loan we have, we are required to be living in the home. No renting it out. Well, since that's just not possible right now, we are looking into re-financing so we can replace the original loan. Can we please just get rid of that place already!
So, is anyone else dying for school to start? The kids are driving each other crazy and making me completely batty. A certain boy child of mine can't stop torturing his little sister. Fortunately we've come up with a solution that seems to be helping. Actually, I can't take credit for the idea at all. It was pure inspiration. After a night of pouring out my heart in prayer for help, the thought came to me that he just needed a way to expel all that extra energy and jumping jacks would be a great way to do just that. So, the next morning I put it to the test. Ten jumping jacks every time he teases, tortures, ignores, fights...you get the picture. The first ten were pretty funny. He had a hard time getting his hands and feet to work at the same time, but by the end of the day he was pumping those babies out like a pro. At first he thought it was fun, even telling on himself and asking if he had to do jumping jacks. After I made him do them in the middle of Home Depot though I think he figured out that I mean business. And yes, it is helping. I mean he still has to do them multiple times a day, but the tension level has decreased a whole bunch. Oh, and don't think the girls are exempt, it's just that they don't require them as much as James. Watching Macy try and do them is actually pretty cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
so what ideas do you have for kids that don't listen...obedience is a struggle right now with us...
GREAT IDEA! I will try it!
Ugghh what a pain in the butt. Nothing like not being able to leave the past behind. Too bad they didn't inform that to you before hand right? I hope that it all works out ok. I do miss seeing your blogs more often. Just glad to see one to look at. Miss you.
That sounds like a brilliant idea! I have to admit, if I was shopping at home depot and saw a Mom make her boy do jumping jacks for being a pest, I'd have to run to another aisle to keep from laughing out loud!
As for the house garbage, that is just....garbage! So, you're trying to do a re-fi so you CAN rent it out right? I wish I could figure out a way we could help. If we could just buy it from you, I suppose that would do the trick!
Love and miss ya....
I'm totally stealing your jumping jacks idea. So sorry about your house troubles! PLEASE tell me how we can help, if we can. My ears are really good for venting. ;)
Wish I would of thought of jumping jacks when Josh was little. I think he and James would set the record. We too are praying daily for you and your house troubles. Stay strong and trust in the Lord, you will be blessed. Sure miss you guys. Love you all
Good luck with all of the house issues. We will keep you in our prayers. I know it will work out. Also way to go with the jumping jacks! What cool inspiration to receive. We love you!
Love your pictures. Can't wait til I can get a good camera!
Post a Comment