Friday night one of the residents who happens to be in our ward invited us over for dinner and then took us to a free concert in the park. They have a little girl Macy's age and a boy that is 10 months. We had a great time with them and then kids loved the concert. Too bad he is a senior resident and will be moving next year.
Saturday we went back to the same cute little town to watch the parade. It was miserably hot, but as soon as the candy started coming, the kids didn't care anymore.
All three of the kids wanted to be sure and wear red, white, and blue to the parade, but we couldn't find all of the colors in their drawers, so I had to improvise with some flowers for the hair. I LOVE Macy's hair in pig tails!
Macy did some dancing in the street to entertain us before the parade started.
Samm is already showing an interest in photography. Not a bad picture from her.
The always cute Samm
Always a goof ball, JamesSaturday afternoon the same couple who had us over, called to invite us to the lake with them.
I have been dying to find a lake close by. Imagine our surprise when the beach popped up less than ten minutes from our house. And it is free to residents of the city. We've already been back once and there are a lot more return trips planned. Basically, it is where the kids and I will be surviving the summer.
This is probably my all time favorite picture! I love Josh's nose smashed into that little mask.



Dad's are so much more fun in the water than moms are. James begs josh to flip him in the air anytime we are in water.

Samm likes to get thrown too, but is not really into getting flipped.
First time snorkelingGotta love the sand! Hours of entertainment, and then it comes home with you.






Saturday night we did some investigating and found where some fireworks would be. The kids had a good time catching fire flys, and even enjoyed watching the fireworks despite a huge tree being in the way of our view. We also got horribly lost on the way home in the dark. What should have been a twenty minute drive turned into almost an hour. Oh well, at least we made it.






Saturday night we did some investigating and found where some fireworks would be. The kids had a good time catching fire flys, and even enjoyed watching the fireworks despite a huge tree being in the way of our view. We also got horribly lost on the way home in the dark. What should have been a twenty minute drive turned into almost an hour. Oh well, at least we made it.
Sunday night we were invited over to another residents house for a barbecue. He is also in orthopedics, and in our ward, and they will also be moving next year. Bummer.
Then Monday I braved the unknown and took the kids to the ward picnic. I was only lost for twenty minutes before I found the park, but it was enough to rattle me. I hate driving to new places and I am horrible with directions. It didn't help that the directions to the park was only the street names of the intersection, and the actual park was no where near the intersection given. It ended up being a good time anyway.
And how is this for crazy. One of the full time missionaries in our ward is from my home town, and I used to babysit him! Josh was quick to point out that I should feel old, which I do.
A fun weekend, and now I really have to get serious about getting the house put together. Maybe




6 comments:
Just look at all these fun and FREE things you have to do! I am so happy that you are being scooped up and welcomed. That makes all the difference. :)
Oh Sally, seems like we were just hanging out at the pool in BA. I miss those times already. Glad you found a lake there. We love the one by our house as well. Chin up, you will make all those new friends in no time. Miss ya and love ya.
Yeah pictures!!! It was so good to see the gang. Made me miss you more though. Great pics - your camera skills are always great. Glad that you are settling in and getting to know people. Love you all.
I am so glad to see that the blog goes on, and that you guys are making new friends already, and enjoying the sun. Good thing you moved there in Summer so you can fall in love with MI before the cold sets in.
looks like u guys are having lots of fun! Macy looks so grown up with pig tails.. cute!
This is officially why blogs rock!(and a good motivator for me) It was so nice to read about our Sally and how the Rollins clan is doing. Please keep posting as often as you can, we miss you!
Post a Comment