Friday, July 16, 2010

finally some pictures

It's been so long since my last post that I've almost forgotten all about blogging. Almost.

You would think I would have a ton of stuff to blog about since it's been so long, but really we haven't been doing much. Library on Thursdays, to the lake if the weather is nice enough. (the high is only 77 today. Not hot enough for swimming in a lake) Lazy reading days, and the occasional toilet scrubbing. Poor Josh is getting worked to death. This month he is in the ICU and the hours are terrible. He is on nights right now so his shift starts at 6pm and ends at 6am. He works that for six days and then gets ONE day off. He doesn't even eat when he gets home, he just falls into bed and crashes until about 2:30. At 5:30 he's off again. I don't think I can ever thank him enough for the sacrifice he is making for our family.

Over these last few weeks I have come to a dissapointing conclusion. You can have a clean house or clean kids, but never NEVER both at the same time.

Side walk chalk plus water = fun paint

"I'm not dirty, Mom"

Macy's spot!



You can never have too many messy face pictures


Only tough girls wear Dora panties. Then they refuse to use the toilet anywhere but at church.



It's amazing what you can find in your own backyard.


I really have been enjoying our summer break, but I am oh so ready for school to start again. My kids have been out since May.

4 comments:

Kory Jane said...

I am loving your nice backyard!! That is what I miss the most about our house in OK. Sorry that Josh is gone for so long, I know that it makes it tough being in a new place. So do you have a calling yet? Have you cut any hair? We sure miss you guys. Love ya.

Quin's momma said...

Glad for the pictures! It must be a change to not have a sweltering summer.

Anonymous said...

Where is Samm? I missed seeing her face also. Loved the dirty face and the cheesey smile. We sure miss you guys and hope the roof thing works out.

The Thompson Family said...

I am glad you are enjoying the summer. Hopefully the other rotations have better hours and you will be able to see more of your husband. Cute pictures