Sunday, May 16, 2010

Woohoo!! (repeated a million times)

Did you know that as of Friday, I am officially Mrs. Dr. Rollins? (consider this your graduation announcement)

I wish I could say that I feel this huge sense of relief, but really the next five years are going to be just as hard. I do feel proud though. I am incredibly proud of my husband for accomplishing his dream of becoming a physician. And I am proud of our family for making it through this together and making the most of some really stressful and difficult times.

This whole past week was pretty full of different graduation activities. Unfortunately due to weather and a class play we weren't able to participate in the family stuff, but Josh and I were able to get away Thursday night for the banquet. We went with our good friends Todd and Heidi. We have been lucky to have them in the same ward at church with us. Josh and Todd talked medical stuff in between meetings, and Heidi and I commiserated whenever possible. It was really great to have a friend who knew exactly what I was going through and we will miss them tons.



Somehow Josh and I ended up with Heidi's camera when the banquet was over, and things got a little silly.




OK, moving on to graduation. I know these pictures will be boring to most of you, but for me they represent a huge milestone for our family.


Walking in to the auditorium.


Getting hooded


Walking across the stage to get his empty diploma. Why exactly do they do that?


All finished, and very happy!


With his Mom and Dad


The happy couple!


And I can't talk about Josh's graduation without thanking all of our supportive family, especially Josh's parents who let us live with them when we first moved out here, and who have done so much for us over the past four years. I'm not sure if it's going to be harder on our kids or them when we move.

We did it! (Que Dora's song)

14 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

So awesome! Huge congrats to Josh...and to you Sally, or shall I say Dr. and Mrs. Dr. Josh Rollins. We have had a lot of med school friends out here and it is quite a road to travel. Good luck on the next leg of your journey!

Ria said...

Congrats to the whole family. It is a great accomplishment. I assume you will keep us all informed on future events as they come about. Enjoy your celebration!

Anna-Kare said...

Congratulations! That is really something to be proud of....for all of you. Best wishes as you go forward.

Kory Jane said...

Has it really been four years? Geez I am getting all moppy just thinking about it. I tell Corey all the time how much I miss Tulsa and us living close and playing. I am so happy for you guys. I am sad that things keep changing but that is life huh? Now onto big adventure up north. Put on those snow pants!!!

Thor'sblog said...

I can't express how happy I am for your family, CONGRATS!!!!

Amy said...

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

We are really a couple of very proud parents!!! Both you and Josh have done so well and I am in complete denial about the moving thing!!!!

modern myrtle home said...

Congrats to you both!! And, your dress looks fantastic. Great job!

Becky said...

My heart is so full of happiness for the Rollins family! Congratulations!!

Jenn said...

Congrats to Josh on becoming Dr. Josh. And to you too for making it without ending up in a padded room!! wahoo!

You should've done Dora's "we did it" dance (and no, for everyone out there who's mind went to the gutter that is NOT what I mean!) and taken a video!!

Lisa said...

That is awesome! The shameless Dora plug shows just how much you have had to put up with these past four years! haha. BTW, You and Heidi look great.

PS. Hey, I said all those nice things and now your word verification wants me to type psyco. Well, I'll do it because we are friends, but don't consider it an admission.

The Thompson Family said...

Congratulations! That is a big milestone Mr. and Mrs. Doctor Rollins. You both look so happy. Good luck with all of the big changes coming up. I know the Lord will bless you. Love you guys.

Natalie said...

Yay! Congrats, what an amazing accomplishment, of course for Josh but for your whole family too. You're an amazing wife of a med student turned doctor! We're so happy for you guys.

Real Life Roberts said...

we did have fun on this journey... who would have thought we would say that at the end of 4 years med school? So now think of the next 5 it's got to be great, right? I hope...I pray...