Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dresses

I've been on a dress making kick lately. I've made four of them in the last six months. Only two turned out though. Two of them I made for me and when I got done they fit so horribly that I threw them in with my scrap fabric. So very frustrating!

This is Macy's Easter dress. I didn't finish it until this week though. I love the fabric, but I'm not really in love with the dress itself. She seems to like it though, because she picked it out Sunday morning to wear.


There was supposed to be two rows of bows, but I was so sick of looking at the dress that it only got one. Good thing she is so cute!
The dress I made for myself that actually turned out I didn't even want to make, but I was having the hardest time finding a dress for Josh's banquet, so I didn't really have a choice.

I actually found This dress at Shabby apple, but of course they didn't have my size in stock. Then I looked through my patterns and found one that was really similar, so I gave it a try.
It's actually a little on the small side. I have to suck in so I don't look like I'm 3 months pregnant, and the sleeves are really tight, but I'm just happy that it turned out well enough that I could wear it.

The bright gold shoes are my favorite part of the whole outfit. It's helps draw the attention away from the dress.
And now I am on a sewing hiatus!

7 comments:

Kory Jane said...

You can actually make something too small for you? ;) I really like it, it looks exactly like the one on the other website. I should really apply myself to that sewing machine mom gave me....yeah you can tell how that one is going. When do you leave for your cruise?

Lisa said...

They look great and I love the shoes. I have the hardest time making clothes for me. They never fit right in the neck or arms for me.

modern myrtle home said...

You both looked beautiful in your dresses on Sunday. Great work!!

Keith said...

You're 3 months pregnant?! When were you going to tell us?

Jenn said...

haha. very funny Keith. This is how rumors get started and before you know it someone is planning a baby shower!

I love the dress. I think it turned out so cute. I can't take my eyes of the shoes either.

Just wondering if telling me that Samm and James miss us, but really just miss the ranch is a hint? lol. Tell them when Dad is rich and can afford to fly them here they can come visit every summer.

Natalie said...

Let me first apologize for my husband. You look beautiful in your dress. I think it turned out great! And Macy's dress is adorable, I think an extra row of bows would have been too much anyway:) Someday I'm going to learn to sew, probably the same day that run a marathon, finish my independent study classes and have a house that is completely dusted (maybe while I'm at it I'll make some bread too) someday...

Lindsay said...

You are a hot rockstar mama! LOVE the toes, they are my fav part, then the shoes. I can't believe you made that dress! You look stunning in it. Hope you are having fun cruising it up! I want details when U get back! Miss you-