Monday, May 3, 2010

Dance hair

Let me start off by saying that little girls hair styling is not one of my hair talents. Mostly because I don't have the time to come up with something elaborate in the mornings and also because both of my girls have extremely sensitive heads so I'm lucky if they just let me brush it and maybe throw a little something in to keep their hair out of their eyes. Anyway, my sister in law Kory put a link on her blog last week to This site that is all about creative girls hair do's. And it inspired me to branch out a little. (Does anyone else think ist's a little strange that there are blogs completely devoted to little girls hair styles?)

Anyway, Samm had dance pictures today so we tried something a little more complicated than my skill level, but I think it turned out OK. I'm not a world class french braider to begin with, and it's even harder when your working with thin fine hair. Hopefully with a little more practice Samm won't have to scream and grab her head nearly as much.

Whenever I tell Samm that I'm going to take a picture of her she immediately strikes a pose. I dream of genie, any one?



This was Macy's attempt at joining in.


The serious ballet pose


This is her sweet angel face pose. I think it's my favorite.


I have a video of her dance to download for the grandparents and whoever else might be interested, but that will have to happen tomorrow because right now my bed is calling.



6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

The hair looks great, and those pictures are fabulous. I love that Samm hams it up for the camera and she is such a beautiful little girl.

Kory Jane said...

Yeah!! That turned out really good. I love that site. I actually look forward to doing Lexie's hair now to try different things. They have a ribbon factory here and I got about 5 bags full of different colors of ribbon for only 1.50. So I am going to be so crazy with ribbons now. I am looking forward to the video.

Quin's momma said...

That turned out way cute! I do not know how to french braid, and Quinlynne certainly wishes I did. Too bad for her.

Lisa said...

Turned out very cute! I like Samm's costume too. I love that web site too. Sometimes I do good job on Devyn's hair and sometimes Amanda says, "What did you do to her hair?"

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Samm's poses!!! Oh what a beautiful girl. I also loved Macy's picture. Hope she is feeling better and not yucky!

melissa said...

Cute pictures! Her hair turned out really cute! I can't frenchbraid my girls. Paisley's will just fall out 5 min later and Av's is so thick I can't get it tight and good. Oh well! Your girls are beautiful!