It's crazy!
But, Josh decided that I should go with him and make a vacation out of it. I thought it was an excellent idea! We also hooked up with another couple from school who were going at the same time so we could share the cost of hotel rooms and so I could have a shopping buddy.
And, my cousin Amy happens to live in Philadelphia so we got to stay with her a couple of nights. I haven't seen her for several years so it was great to catch up. I just wish I would have remembered to take out my camera and get a picture of her adorable little boy.
Josh was pretty excited about spending a day in Philadelphia visiting historical sites. (snore) I know, I'm so un patriotic. I did actually ended up enjoying myself more than I expected, although not because of the history. The architecture of the buildings is what captured me. Although I have to admit that my favorite part about Philadelphia was going to Ikea. It was my first time.
OK, so here are our touristy pictures.
The Liberty bell was cool, but not quite as big as I imagined.
I don't remember the name of this building, but the roof is pretty cool.
A creepy face on the wall
I loved these windows
The room where the Declaration of Independence was signed
It was really cold!
I was NOT happy by the time we walked what seemed like 10 miles just to see this statue, but Josh had his heart set on it so I'm glad now that we went. It really looks nothing like Sylvester Stallone though.
A great view from the Philadelphia museum of art
Then, we braved a bus in China town to take us to New York because it was so much cheaper than the train. And turned out to be very clean and un scary.

New York pictures coming soon


6 comments:
I'm loving these pics, and I can't wait for the New York pics!
fun...you are already giving me ideas for my future home! Thanks.
I love the pics. So glad you saw Rocky. Did Josh run up the steps?
I felt like I was watching National Treasure looking at all those historical pictures. lol. Very fun. I can't wait to see the New York pictures!!
How fun. I didn't even know you were going to Philadelphia! I am glad you got to make a little vacation out of it with just you two. How did he do on his test? I want to go :-) My parents always brought us to history sites so I guess that is why we like them. Can't wait for more pictures.
Sorry I haven't been on for a while. Glad you had fun in Philly. I'd love to go there some day. Hopefully while Amy is still there! Have you survived the weather. You haven't blogged about it so I'm assuming it hasn't been too bad there.
Post a Comment